Off-leash fun!

nicolewade93

9c5b728ecf7c28caa0c5617e78db5d2e.jpg

6180ea972094ab4b12b6add67392d963.jpg

eb91cea74b8eff6e2bd18534aa62b43b.jpg

bb803decec0373b8ccc6cdd7935769b1.jpg

e12719f41718070f6587361fc457317c.jpg

39f9a70ba8671d78174360873aae774a.jpg

We always go to a nice open field with a lake in a very, very small town where there is hardly anyone ever there with the exception of occasional horseback riders, and we let him off leash to run around and swim. On weekdays (we both do shift work) we can go on full walks without him being on-leash. It’s amazing. He will get too far ahead and then stop, look back, and then take off in the woods to the side and run around then pop out when we get to where he is on the trail and repeat. I love, love, love him so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly is enjoying himself and looks extremely happy  -  unfortunately I would not dare to let mine off-lead  -  he would just start to run - and not stop.     He is forever testing our garden boundaries looking for a way out  -  and when we go to a secure park - he immediately does a boundary check for weaknesses.

10 hours ago, chelseafan said:

Lovely pics! emoji3.png
Wolfpup, we take ours to an off lead field weekly, the same one and they always do a boundary check, every time emoji33.png

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

When I move down to south Wales you will have to tell me where it is  -  we could have a husky play day.    I still don't know exactly where we will end up but I suspect it will be South West wales  - but a day trip once a month or so would be good.    Last time I was in newtown it was around 1963 !

When I move down to south Wales you will have to tell me where it is  -  we could have a husky play day.    I still don't know exactly where we will end up but I suspect it will be South West wales  - but a day trip once a month or so would be good.    Last time I was in newtown it was around 1963 !

There have been many changes since 1963, KFC and a subway now [emoji3]
The off lead field is on the way to Aberhafesp, it’s a 5 min drive from newtown centre, it’s called puppy plus newtown, there’s a website that you use to book your slot, 30 mins or 60, I find 30 is enough when they’re running at full speed, tried to take a pic of them running past me and just caught their butt’sIMG_1957.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

52 minutes ago, chelseafan said:

There have been many changes since 1963, KFC and a subway now emoji3.png
The off lead field is on the way to Aberhafesp, it’s a 5 min drive from newtown centre, it’s called puppy plus newtown, there’s a website that you use to book your slot, 30 mins or 60, I find 30 is enough when they’re running at full speed, tried to take a pic of them running past me and just caught their butt’sIMG_1957.JPG

How high are the fences?    Marley hopped over a 4ft wall when he was about 11 months old !   I have 5ft wooden fences which he has already gotten over  - so added 6ft temporary builders panels in front  -  and he is still trying!

I’ve just checked the height on the website, it’s 4 foot horse fencing, it is completely safe as they have privets about a foot in depth behind the fence on 2 sides, 1 side leads to an additional off lead field, it’s just been added and there’s a river at the bottom of this area and the other side leads to the exit but there’s another gate in that area. I’ll have a look on my photos and see if I can screen shot what I’ve explained, it’s easier to see it than trying to picture it [emoji3] Luka blue doesn’t try to escape but Cai would be a jumper and a runner given half a chance, he used to jump onto next doors shed so we had to higher the wall by putting fence panels across it.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Here’s a photo with the privets behind the fencing.IMG_1958.JPG

Archived