Are Kai’s feet normal?

Hi! This is my first time raising a husky from puppy to adult. I’ve had many many husky dogs 7+ months but my little Kai is only 4 months old. When Kai and I were out training some lady said hello and greeted Kai. She then asked why he had “duck feet”. I was confused and when we got home I looked and thought “man! He does kind of have duck feet??” So I’d just like to ask, does his legs look normal? Are they pointed out unnaturally? Should I be worried? How can I fix this? Will they stay like this? I’ve attached a few pictures from a few days, to see his legs better. 

C4E116B7-8753-44FD-9237-0DE2905EC517.jpeg

FD144029-A734-4428-96BF-C0F2FFD8C591.jpeg

7A077656-FC4A-4FD3-A701-20DB4361EC6A.jpeg

3B8ACF16-8EC2-48B2-BC69-0EFC4B709CAA.jpeg

9DCD0400-DA59-4298-B6E0-1E18A7CB2A55.jpeg

3E14812D-D6A2-4EC4-B717-BE76FF7C0BE8.jpeg

41B52584-8F4A-4FC0-A60C-A4451E49421B.jpeg

7B89ED89-2AF9-4B06-8695-1A62A41B2BF3.jpeg

Hi, handsome boy!
Does he walk normally? Have you noticed any issues with them?
If you think there may be any issues I’d advise taking him to the vet for a once over, it would ease your mind getting a professional opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

38 minutes ago, chelseafan said:

Hi, handsome boy!
Does he walk normally? Have you noticed any issues with them?
If you think there may be any issues I’d advise taking him to the vet for a once over, it would ease your mind getting a professional opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

He seems to walk and run perfectly fine. I just don’t want to spend a bunch of money for them to tell me I’m crazy and his legs are fine haha! Of course, if they seem to become a problem I’ll take him, I just want peoples opinions first!

Here is my boy Yukon, the first one when he was bout 3 months old and the most recent on last month.  I noticed his legs like that when I first got him.  I asked the vet about it and they did not seem concerned unless he has trouble walking or is in pain.  They can do surgery to correct it, but they said it would involve a lot of pain and recovery time.  I did some research on my own and it looked like elbow dysplasia to me.  He is almost 6 years old and I haven't had any issues with him walking or in any pain.  I would check with a vet though and see what they think.

yukon1.JPG

yukon2.jpg

Your baby is gorgeous & adorable!![emoji847]
Since KAI is so young, I would take him to your Vet & discuss. Your Vet may be able to use a type of leg brace or surgery (if required) to correct & strengthen this now while young & still growing. Otherwise, KAI could have problems later in life (unknown), but it would be harder to fix being older.
You could also ask your Vet to do lab work to see if there is a calcium deficiency or something else going on. Make sure your giving plenty of protein & carbs in his diet.
[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Archived