Hello everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Snowdog324

I thought this looked like a really cool website. Didn't know that they had this or I probably would have joined a long time ago.ย  I had a question and was wondering if someone could help me out? I have 3 huskies and was thinking about putting up a good sized fenced in area for them so they can run. I have a kennel and haven't had anyย  problem with my other two, but I recently got a new pup. I was wondering if anyone has had a husky scale an eight foot chain link fence? I know they can go over a six foot if they are determined enough, but I couldn't really find anything on an eight.ย 

5a8dbcee3a1dd_HOWelcome.jpg.db1ee822f6276f4fcd44b6ddaf98239f.jpgย  TOย 5a8dbcfaaeb50_HOBanner.thumb.png.3d2fdcb6a2b2a5c94d884c38ed9ebb77.png

it could be...where there is a husky there is a way... mine have not given it a go but I have a garden gate that is only 1.2 meters high and they could jump it but they have not/\...

We have one who can jump a 7 foor from standstill, so could probably manage 8 foot at a run - but chooses not to jump our 6 foot (but we're always out with them when in the garden, keeping an eye on them!). I do know someone who had two that climbed an 8 foot (wasn't helped that it was to get the chickens next door) - the solution was a 6 foot fence with and additional 2 foot angled inwards and that worked

3 hours ago, Markulous said:

We have one who can jump a 7 foor from standstill, so could probably manage 8 foot at a run - but chooses not to jump our 6 foot (but we're always out with them when in the garden, keeping an eye on them!). I do know someone who had two that climbed an 8 foot (wasn't helped that it was to get the chickens next door) - the solution was a 6 foot fence with and additional 2 foot angled inwards and that worked

Thanks for the information! ๐Ÿ˜ I will have to ask the people who are going to be putting up my fence if he has the extension that goes inward. That's a great idea! They are such escape artists. I don't know how many times I've had to chase huskies ๐Ÿ˜†. Too funny about the chickens next door. I bet that did make them want to get over that fence.

4 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

If it's chain link I wouldn't put it past them,ย  they're actually very good climbersย 

Thank you! They definitely are great climbers.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Welcome to husky owners :)ย 

Thank you! โ˜บ

4 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

If it's chain link I wouldn't put it past them,ย  they're actually very good climbersย 

Thank you! They definitely are great climbers.

welcome!ย  I agree with chain link you never know. Mine will go to dog parks with shorter 4 or 5 ft chain link fencing, but i am right there and they are usually interested in running since i dont have a yard...but it still makes me nervous.ย ย  Left alone for any length of time I think almost no fence is husky proof!ย  But if just short times I think at min a 6 ft privacy fence with cement blocks at the bottom as they can easily dig underneath the fence.ย  I know that's very expensive for a large yard though.ย 

ย 

If you do stick with chain link, I think as long as you are always out there with them you might be alright

Archived