Mistaken identity

BingBlaze n Skyla

I thought this could be quite fun, my huskies often get mistaken for other breeds etc my boy was called a werewolf by 2 kids who ran away screaming 😂 and my wooly girl has been called a polar bear and a German shepherd x golden retriever,  what are some of the funniest things/breeds your dogs have been mistaken for? 

IMG_20170326_153200_136.thumb.jpg.7315b388eb672875ee5a480cf8c6fc0a.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bear has been called an Elkhound.  

My niece used to call her "Bear wolf".  

Pepper is often called a pug or Boston terrier.

noones confused Ice or Brooke as far as I can remember right now (which isn't saying too much tbh 😆)

Haha there are sadly people at the park that regularly ask if I can keep my dog away from theirs or purposely avoid us (other owners mentioned that people avoid the "vicious wolf" "that has attacked my dog" at the park)

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

People often say ‘is that a timber wolf’ about Luka blue, Cai has been called a malamute, a wolf and a toddler once said ‘mummy look at that giant fox’ that one made me laugh. Every day on our walks people walk their dogs off lead and when they spot us walking towards them they swiftly put theirs back on the lead, temporarily, as soon as we pass them they let them off lead again, it’s as tho they think mine are vicious dog killers!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

We took Mayo to meet the celebrant of our wedding at the end of the year. She asked if Mayo is a "Game of Thrones dog". Haha. Google tells me GoT dogs are apparently the Northern Inuit, with a bit of Siberian Husky in them.

23 hours ago, petertmartin said:

Haha there are sadly people at the park that regularly ask if I can keep my dog away from theirs or purposely avoid us (other owners mentioned that people avoid the "vicious wolf" "that has attacked my dog" at the park)

We haven't had that in dog parks, but on walks I have seen people panic and more or less drag their dogs across the street to avoid us, which naturally stressed out their initially calm dogs. Another dog park regular with a husky did tell us someone made the comment that she has "another one of those dogs". Huskies just play a bit rough!

We took Mayo to meet the celebrant of our wedding at the end of the year. She asked if Mayo is a "Game of Thrones dog". Haha. Google tells me GoT dogs are apparently the Northern Inuit, with a bit of Siberian Husky in them.
We haven't had that in dog parks, but on walks I have seen people panic and more or less drag their dogs across the street to avoid us, which naturally stressed out their initially calm dogs. Another dog park regular with a husky did tell us someone made the comment that she has "another one of those dogs". Huskies just play a bit rough!
Luckily there are some big dogs at my park so she plays as rough with them as they give her but they really do go for it lucky the owners don't care

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

A month ago, we ran into these older teens on the street again. They asked, "So are your wolves nice?" (Same teens I've told before they're Huskies LOL!![emoji23] I told them they're extremely nice.) They said, "Do you think we could pet them?" (I said sure & told them it was very nice they asked!!) After the older teens pet them, they fell in love with ARMANI & ALINAH vice versa!! One said, "I always thought wolves would bite & be mean." (I said, "Wolves are wild & should run away, but our dogs are not wild & are Huskies!!") These teens looked at me funny[emoji848][emoji4]smiling like I don't realize I actually have "wolves!!" (I think they want to believe they are nice wolves!![emoji4]) Ya gotta love these kids!!
[emoji191][emoji191][emoji274][emoji267][emoji171]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Tamaskan and two husky/GSD mixes. I hear "wolfdogs," "coyote, " and even once "dingo." I heard dire wolves once. A cable guy once refused to go in the back yard because I had "a pack of wolves." Sigh. I'm in a wolfdog illegal area. ALL my dogs are just dogs. 100 % dogs. The biggest one is my male at a whopping 68 pounds! 😂

I’ve just had wolves I think! It’s great when parents say ‘yeahhh’ when their kids say wolves [emoji85]

There is an actual wolf dog in my town and he’s SO tall! The guy that owns the little old cinema in town owns him,never had chance to speak to him but would love to meet the wolf dog (always driving when I see them!)

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

lol my husky has been called a walf a few times and my Malinois is a german shepherd  or a mongrel

worse are the village  id um drunks that think they are experts in everything, that get anrgy and threatening when you correct them

• 3 weeks later...

I taken my pup to the beach and other places so he can get use to people and get better with other dogs. BUT people stare at me and at Hercules, then whisper to their family/friends and say Look a wolf or say stay way since they think hes a wolf lol 

Oh also my pup is very shy with kids especially toddlers but one day one comes near him and he hides behind me and the parent is like lets go , thats an ugly mutt anyway since my pup didnt wanted to be petted -.-   and that same day a guy comes up to me and asks if my pup is a German shepherd x Belgian malinois, of course i told him Hercules is a husky lol

some people are funny 

35241486_2100616113346151_4222468484266721280_n[1].jpg

35243311_2100518763355886_7857678642678071296_n[1].jpg

• 4 months later...

Most people think Lunar is a white German Shepherd  (he is a Utonagan)  - the only one who got it right was a kid around 9 years old  -   he used to have one!    Most people ask me what Marley is  -  they are not used to seeing long haired huskies

Archived