Help!!! Separation Anxiety

Heidi

Hi,  I had this issue with mine when they were younger, I started by leaving them for 5 mins at a time, no goodbyes and no fuss when I walked back in, I gradually built the time up and I can leave them for 5 hrs now with no issues. I worked on this everyday and several times a day, they’re both 2 now and it’s taken from them being 5 months old until 18 months of age to have built up to 5 hours. Good luck 😀

we did the same with ours and all alright now for a good 6 hrs...we have a command " watch the house" and a treat and when we come back a command " good job watching the house" and a treat...they are also not crated while we are gone....they do let me know if the coming home treat is not coming fast enough LOLOL

Awww. When they're little they are heavily dependant upon you emotionally but they do tend to find their independence as they mature.

like the others have said, build up time gradually, leave her something with your scent on, something to occupy her like a filled kong toy, white noise distraction like a radio or quiet tv.  

Archived