Peanut Butter Warning

PaulG

ok this is old news to some but thanks to recent changes in UK laws its worth putting it out again as the bite of the sugar tax kicks in replacements take affect

if you feed sweet treats or other sugary human foods CHECK the ingreediants listing over the next few months just in case they swap in the dangerous stuff without warning you

photo_2018-04-10_22-24-31.jpg

The only peanut butter I ever buy are the "natural" ones. If you're not used to them, they look weird and off because it comes with a separate oily layer on top that you need to stir through. Both we and our pup deserve better -- buy natural peanut butter, not sugar/sweetener- and salt-laden peanut butter!

this was mostly for the UK members as the UK gov just brought in new laws on sugar content in foods and drinks. so things like Coke will either  have to reduce sugar levels and add non sugar sweetners

this will suck as i find sweetners taste funky

2 hours ago, PaulG said:

this was mostly for the UK members as the UK gov just brought in new laws on sugar content in foods and drinks. so things like Coke will either  have to reduce sugar levels and add non sugar sweetners

this will suck as i find sweetners taste funky

Australia is trying to bring in the sugar tax as well but it's met with resistance. But yes, definitely watch out for peanut butter ingredients list. Ideally it shouldn't have anything but peanuts. :)

#TeamNaturalPeanutButter

The tax is indeed only on drinks, so not sure where the food based stuff has come from. It doesn't affect foods at all (yet). It should be noted though that people really should be checking the ingredients of anything that they feed to their huskies. Anything at all can contain xylitol, and as companies get more and more 'healthy version', the more you will see alternative ways of sweetening things.

I know some people that work in BIG food producing  factories and the new laws are making a lot of work as they can no longer just go get a few tones of sugar from stores  and move it to where its needed it needs to be tracked and followed every inch of its way around the place so some are going to start reducing sugar plant wide to make things easier to deal with on the paper trail accountability side of teh job

as the food groups are now starting the fight to bring  it in every where

I can see the PC food groups forcing sugar lovers into going out sode with the smokers so they can have a jammy doger ......lol i got fat cus people were eating  cakes and chocolate around me... second hand fatness..... sorry my response to some poeople who are over weight is stop eating, stop sitting on your butt and walk places and go jogging

🐾XYLITOL WARNING:

(A LIST OF FOODS CONTAINING XYLITOL)

https://www.preventivevet.com/xylitol-products-toxic-for-dogs

🐾XYLITOL POISONING:

(WHAT TO DO IF YOUR DOG GETS POISENED)

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm499988.htm

I hope these articles are beneficial!!🤗🐺🐺🐾🐾💜

Archived