How to introduce yourself

1 hour ago, wolfpup said:

Handsome boy.   You dont say where you are  (country)   I am in the UK and use  Billy No Mates -  herbal only   - just put a teaspoon of the herbs on their food a day.    No toxins  -  and even safe for my epileptic boy.

Hey thanks! We’re in Florida. Will have to try Billy No Mates.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Everyone! 

This is Edison (aka Eddy).  He's almost 6 months old and  LOVES the snow. He'll also do anything for a treat and a belly rub.

He's not a talker quite yet, unless you're cooking or getting ready for work not showing him 100% of your full attention...he'll let you know.

He's such a mellow boy and has been the perfect addition to our family

eddy2.JPG

eddy3.JPG

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello, just noticed this Forum.  I have a 3 year old Siberian Husky (a mix) she is a rescue 3 years old.  I used flea pills at first and just switched to Advantage, but am seeing more scratching now.  Am wondering if because Huskies have a double coat, that the flea liquid does not all make it down to her skin.  Is this a problem, I really tried to rub in onto her back sholder last time, but am wondering if that really the best approach.

3 hours ago, Bandi said:

Hello, just noticed this Forum.  I have a 3 year old Siberian Husky (a mix) she is a rescue 3 years old.  I used flea pills at first and just switched to Advantage, but am seeing more scratching now.  Am wondering if because Huskies have a double coat, that the flea liquid does not all make it down to her skin.  Is this a problem, I really tried to rub in onto her back sholder last time, but am wondering if that really the best approach.

Spread the hair apart until you get to the skin and drop the advantage there I have found it to be easier with 2 people one spreading the hair other dropping the advantage…

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, welcome to the family.

Husky bathing must pay attention to

1, two weeks once can

Husky's skin is very thin, and there is no sweat glands, bathing every day will cause damage to the skin, two weeks to wash once can be, if you go out to exercise back to feel too dirty, you can use a hot wet towel home a little disinfectant, wipe the whole body can be.

2, combing once a week

Comb can make the husky fur clean, healthy, at the same time you can also check whether it suffers from skin diseases or some parasites hidden in the hair, the dog combed once a week, the hair change period should be more frequent, bathing and combing should be gentle and patient.

3、Blow dry immediately after washing

When the dog after the bath, it may vigorously shake off most of the water on the body, after we can use a clean towel, wipe off the remaining water on its body, and use a hair dryer to open to a low gear will be blow-drying hair, can be used at the same time to brush brush the hair will dry quickly.