How to introduce yourself

Introducing yourself (and using the forum in general) is actually pretty simple. But if you havent used a forum before, here is how to make your introduction to get yourself started.

First scroll down the page and find the introductions section. Click on this

1.png

Once you are there, you are in a the introductions 'forum' where you can see all other peoples introductions. You can click to view any of these if you like, but for now, click on "New topic" which is how you will create your own (Ignore the fact I am in the wrong forum here :D )

2.png

From here, creating your introduction is as easy as 1, 2, 3 post

1. Add a title for your post
  2. Add the content of your post
  3. You can add any images here.

Once done, just click to submit your topic. And there is your first post done :) 

3.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I’ve recently adopted a husky and at that same time I was diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago, but i have to exercise my husky everyday as you all know and it’s been helping me with my health as well as his. My husky is more than just a pet to me he’s my best friend and I have created a YouTube channel looking to inspire people like me. If you would like to watch our story feel free to watch our videos and subscribe  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4jCezRf324

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Lindsay and I’ve Ben a husky mom for about 6 months. Our baby girl just turned a year last weekend! I need some helpful tips on how to stop this pup from destroying our house and yard! We’ve tried every trick from the king toys to sprays and collars. Nothing seems to stop this pup from destruction!340928795ab6e9a786f3efca243fc178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Typical husky behaviour but it does get better, boredom is usually a reason for destructive behaviour. How often do you walk her for and for how long? Dog safety gates are great for limiting access around your home, a lot of playing and mental stimulation for her to keep her busy, training sessions will also tire her. She’s still a pup and has loads of energy, my two are both 3 now and it was full on hard work for about 2 years. Positive reinforced training works really well and lots of praise when she responds, husky’s like to be around us humans and will behave better when they’re with you. It’s not unlike having a toddler who’s into everything when husky’s are young, be patient and your hard work will pay off.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

• 1 month later...

Hi there my names Cat and I am a 35 year old Housekeeper from the great old city of Cardiff in Wales.

Now for the fun part.

My partner decided Alaska was a good name.... apparently we are a celebrity couple doing that place naming thing *rolls eyes* 

She is 8 weeks old, her last owner lived in a tiny flat, was told he couldn't keep her and needed her out ASAP.

I joined to read about others Huskies, to avoid some toxic Facebook groups that I tried and left within a hour (apparently your not allowed Huskies unless you have had them before, very gatekeepery, nasty with other newbies I didnt even post I read how they reacted to others and got out fast) and to ask for advice if I need it.
I try to google first but I find with each dog breed being so individual general online info doesn't always suit each breed, plus actual owners have tips and tricks as well as actual hands on experience better than any random website journalist writing about something they have no knowledge of.

02qRKAG.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shepsky5 said:

Hi!
Alaska is really cute. 🙂

I agree on the specific breed info being so useful.
For example...where else could you find people who know so much about how to deal with so much fur!!! 😁

Ex-actually a poodle doesn't have the same care needs as a Husky, its like comparing apples and oranges, also thanks for the compliment for Alaska we both appreciate it :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi my husky is so smart it’s almost as tho she’s a human stuck in a dogs body we have had her for 3 years got her when she was one  she ate our bathtub plan bathroom floor and pees everywhere we lived on a farm when we got her and are now in town she has a brother who is a pitty they get along great we have been at the new place for a year or more and she’s great with my kids but..... her attitude is incredibly rude somedays she is the biggest cuddle bug but when she is mad she is mad she’s my first husky and I’m still having issues with her going to the bathroom in the house she could be out all day and will come in  and pee or poop she will even go in her kennel but then grumbles at me to clean it she nvr howls which I hate I wish she would do it more.. she runs away ( she actually watch’s me open the gate or watches for weak spots and gets out) she literally pulled a fence down slowly so we wouldn’t notice over a weeks time to get out and she will try to play when we go to catch her most times we need a vehicle to truck her she is so beautiful that I worry someone will take her someone please help me with obedience and this bI**h that I love so much 

ps she won’t go out when it’s wet outside I have to actually drag her out of the kennel and down the back steps and she will pee on my deck the princess 

08B727E1-168E-4008-9CB8-5EF81CDE4420.jpeg

9938C630-209B-4316-AE2B-EFBF215BE2C2.jpeg

2F6B1AF9-7DEA-4B17-B257-54F148D40658.jpeg

37548673-E51F-490F-94BA-231F80B37A1E.jpeg

9B5ED6B7-3EDE-4FFE-B4F2-F3B859A8A1AF.jpeg

06135EDB-248A-4A65-B37F-4C6BBAD1F0E0.jpeg

3B88A40B-8A4E-4F4D-A8CC-B59FD280B5A9.jpeg

On 6/2/2019 at 1:03 AM, AlaskaCat said:

Hi there my names Cat and I am a 35 year old Housekeeper from the great old city of Cardiff in Wales.

Now for the fun part.

My partner decided Alaska was a good name.... apparently we are a celebrity couple doing that place naming thing *rolls eyes* 

She is 8 weeks old, her last owner lived in a tiny flat, was told he couldn't keep her and needed her out ASAP.

I joined to read about others Huskies, to avoid some toxic Facebook groups that I tried and left within a hour (apparently your not allowed Huskies unless you have had them before, very gatekeepery, nasty with other newbies I didnt even post I read how they reacted to others and got out fast) and to ask for advice if I need it.
I try to google first but I find with each dog breed being so individual general online info doesn't always suit each breed, plus actual owners have tips and tricks as well as actual hands on experience better than any random website journalist writing about something they have no knowledge of.

02qRKAG.jpg

So cute❣️

Welcome

8 hours ago, Mirandthebeast said:

Hi my husky is so smart it’s almost as tho she’s a human stuck in a dogs body we have had her for 3 years got her when she was one  she ate our bathtub plan bathroom floor and pees everywhere we lived on a farm when we got her and are now in town she has a brother who is a pitty they get along great we have been at the new place for a year or more and she’s great with my kids but..... her attitude is incredibly rude somedays she is the biggest cuddle bug but when she is mad she is mad she’s my first husky and I’m still having issues with her going to the bathroom in the house she could be out all day and will come in  and pee or poop she will even go in her kennel but then grumbles at me to clean it she nvr howls which I hate I wish she would do it more.. she runs away ( she actually watch’s me open the gate or watches for weak spots and gets out) she literally pulled a fence down slowly so we wouldn’t notice over a weeks time to get out and she will try to play when we go to catch her most times we need a vehicle to truck her she is so beautiful that I worry someone will take her someone please help me with obedience and this bI**h that I love so much 

ps she won’t go out when it’s wet outside I have to actually drag her out of the kennel and down the back steps and she will pee on my deck the princess 

08B727E1-168E-4008-9CB8-5EF81CDE4420.jpeg

9938C630-209B-4316-AE2B-EFBF215BE2C2.jpeg

2F6B1AF9-7DEA-4B17-B257-54F148D40658.jpeg

37548673-E51F-490F-94BA-231F80B37A1E.jpeg

9B5ED6B7-3EDE-4FFE-B4F2-F3B859A8A1AF.jpeg

06135EDB-248A-4A65-B37F-4C6BBAD1F0E0.jpeg

3B88A40B-8A4E-4F4D-A8CC-B59FD280B5A9.jpeg

She is pretty❣️

I think females are harder then males. LOL

My female will still pee once in awhile on my bathroom floor at night even when the dog door is open for her. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I would start her house breaking from the very beginning like she was a baby learning it for the first time.

As far as attitude.... yep that’s a Husky thing. My male is like that. When he is super mad at me he pees in my tub. 😩🤣.

Teach her door control. I make mine set and wait at all doors (front door, crate, car doors, inside and outside) There are some great YouTube videos on how to train this.

I would also suggest Place training.

I would work on her recall. I use a 20 foot long line. Let them get to the end and then I call them. When they come back to me I have their favorite toy or treat for them.

I don’t know what to say about the fence thing. Mine chew the fence and then I smear their poop on it 🤢🤮. It works for mine. I also have three wires 15 inches going around the top of the fence so they cannot jump over. I also go out twice a day and walk the fence line.

I have found it best not to chase my girl. I just Leash her brother and take him for a nice calm walk ignoring her and eventually she follows us back home.

My girl stays out in the rain but the boy hates it. I am putting a full cover on their dog run so he will go out.

• 5 months later...

Hey! My name is Leia (Flossy) and I have a 4 year old Husky called Roxanne, an 8 year old Staffy called Waigo and 5 cats (Bubbah, Spliff, Lilli, Madge & Ollie) Haven't got any pictures of our cats or Waigo (they don't like having their pictures taken😂) But Roxanne LOVES having her picture taken...she is a proper sassy queen! 

She has the most amazing and funny personality... she is cheeky, a little bit naughty but FULL of love and is so soppy! Roxanne is her own woman, she does what she wants, when she wants to...and we wouldn't change her for the world. She adores my 2 year old step-daughter...❤ 

Roxanne loves jumping on trampolines, ripping bins to shreds, chasing her tail and cuddling up in bed! 

FB_IMG_1582061007605.jpg

FB_IMG_1582060938191.jpg

FB_IMG_1582060926220.jpg

FB_IMG_1582060894030.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

This is Blizzard. He loves long roller skating mornings and frozen raw salmon treats. He sleeps most of the day and most of the time he sleeps in the bathtub lol. We battled with dermatitis and hotspots for a while. I put him on a fully raw diet and haven’t had an issue since. Any pointers on keeping the fleas away, would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

0CCB3A1D-8670-4743-9BA1-80BBC84788B9.jpeg

A163B9CA-EB99-43A3-93DC-3DE899E1536F.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kn33col321 said:

Hi Everyone!

This is Blizzard. He loves long roller skating mornings and frozen raw salmon treats. He sleeps most of the day and most of the time he sleeps in the bathtub lol. We battled with dermatitis and hotspots for a while. I put him on a fully raw diet and haven’t had an issue since. Any pointers on keeping the fleas away, would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

0CCB3A1D-8670-4743-9BA1-80BBC84788B9.jpeg

A163B9CA-EB99-43A3-93DC-3DE899E1536F.jpeg

Handsome boy.   You dont say where you are  (country)   I am in the UK and use  Billy No Mates -  herbal only   - just put a teaspoon of the herbs on their food a day.    No toxins  -  and even safe for my epileptic boy.

• Like 1