Do huskies have fluffy fear???

Gunjan

Do huskies have fluffy fear like cats? My boy Logan has recently started to fluff up his back when my father tries to touch him. This started when my father tried to stop him from scratching the door. The hair over his withers fluff up while he shows no other signs of fear or aggression. My father loves him the most but Logan doesn’t reciprocate the same. He is more fond of my sister and me. Is it a husky thing??  

That’s him. ❤️

12497FA5-D3EB-4DC2-AC9F-773FDB97D884.jpeg

How did your father tell him off ? Raised hackles (the fur along the back ) can be raised due to fear , excitement , aggression it would depend on the circumstance , if he's been told off then yes it does sound like he might be scared of your dad now depending on how that was dealt with

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• 6 months later...

They are called heckles and ye they do. I have seen some crazy actions from people that don’t like dogs but they go to one of the most popular walking area. From shouting and trying to kick dogs to lifting their dog above their head while their partner circled his missus with arms out... it looked like the kind of thing u would see in synchronised swimming...

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

My dog was attacked by the neighbors dog repeatedly and every time we walked by their house, for weeks, the fur on his shoulders and back would stand up. It is a sign of being aroused, tense, excited...his fur will also stand up sometimes when he meets new dogs.

Logan is beautiful, great blue eyes and sweet expression.

Archived