Need advice

Mahmoud Ehab

we are a fun, friendly, and informative forum, built by husky owners, for husky owners. Not a company, not a breeding site - purely out there for you to enjoy and meet new husky lovers. Meet ups arranged, holidays taken together, fun free and addictive.

This is stuff that's important to learn in depth well in advance of allowing her to mate, rather than a week in advance. Your vet and established breeders are the best people to ask for advice, people who have experience in breeding dogs. 

If you do insist on going ahead with this mating hopefully the stud owner is experienced and knows how to handle the dogs to avoid injuries, but please consider not going ahead, at least until her next season. Spend the next 6 months talking to actual breeders, vets, researching what can go wrong and how to prevent/deal with it, and also how to breed ethically. 

You are honestly doing her no favours and putting her at risk if you go ahead next week

Don’t worry 
for the past 3 months I have been doing researches and talking with vets and breeders and the owner of the sire is very experienced too. 
I just wanted to make sure that I had enough information by asking different people.
I think Robke summed it up along with the other comments. We don't mean to sound direct or rude but this isn't a forum where there are many of us with breeding experience and most people wouldn't want to take on the task of breeding which isn't mentally or physically for everyone. There are a few threads on here where others have posted their experiences and it is a 24/7 job for months. I bought a puppy so I get that people want them but I also bought from a champion breeder with over 40 years experience with the breed. I hope you have done your research and are willing to put in the effort because at the end of the day we don't want any dogs suffering

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks , but this isn’t the advice I was looking for 
I wanted to know how to handle the mating process if she panicked as it’s the first time and how to take care of a pregnant dog 

If you are going to go ahead with breeding it is important to feed mum correctly, vet checks are important for mum’s welfare and pups. Your vet will also advise how to care for pregnant mum. Please think carefully before doing this, please excuse my bluntness, people love husky puppies and will readily have one without necessarily researching the breed, having no clue about how much time and training they need and then 6-12 months later pups are being re-homed because owners can’t cope with the amount of exercise they need or the shedding or how destructive they become if left on their own for too long.They are fast becoming one of the most re-homed dogs. Have you given any thoughts to how you’re ensuring pups, if any, go to the right homes, there is a lot to consider.
I knew of a breeder that set up a contract for prospective owners of his pups and if they couldn’t cope or changed their mind, he had the pup/dog back regardless of the age of the dog.
Please weigh everything up before going ahead.

Excellent advice Chelseafan.

The dog I have was rehomed from a home where there were 3 huskies at one point. The daughter moved out and took one, I don’t know if she still has it but I can imagine how the dog must have missed the other two. Then the owner decided Luna was one too many and she didn’t know how she was going to cope as she was pregnant and had a 17 month old toddler. I took Luna and given how sociable she wants to be with other dogs I’m sure she also misses her brother. And finally ... my daughter tells me she now wants to rehome the male because he’s growling at the toddler and did I want him. I would but I can’t, I’m still learning about Luna although she seems to be settling a little more each week, adding in a very wired male is not possible. So that’s just one family who bought 3 puppies.

I actually believe that puppy breeding should be far more regulated than it is, breeders should be inspected regularly and both private owners and breeders should need to apply for a licence. Sadly breeding pure breed cats and dogs is a big earner, thousands of pounds for those who do it, each pup costing an obscene amount. Puppies and kittens score highly on the cuteness register yet prospective owners with money scarcely seem to consider the effort, time and problems involved in owning a puppy.

As has been said, there are already far too many dogs, including huskies in rescues. I would never contemplate breeding from any dog or cat I own, the only cat that had kittens was one we adopted and didn’t know was already pregnant. Nor would I ever buy a puppy or kitten.

Did you buy a dog just to breed from her? Why would you if you wanted a pet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally agree with the fact that breeding should be regulated. I watched a Louis Theroux programme a couple of weeks ago about kill shelters in America, it’s heartbreaking to see how many dogs are abandoned thru no fault of their own, it’s just down to human greed for the income off breeding and no commitment and laziness when they can’t be bothered to care for their animal anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

That's so true what@chelseafan said. There are kill shelters and it breaks my heart. I live in America and the dog/cat population is high. Backyard breeders keep breeding, don't care about over population, and just want the money. They don't care about the health of the mothers either. Another huge problem that causes over population of dogs is heroine users. The city next to us is rated #1 in the USA for heroine overdoses. The herione addicts are breeding Huskies and expensive breeds like crazy here because they need that good money to support their habits. Then they get resold higher on different websites for higher amounts. It's heartbreaking.
(It took me awhile to find ARMANI a sister...but thank God I saw ALINAH in time and sped to the shelter and adopted/saved her because that was a kill shelter.)
@Mahmoud Ehab ~ How old is PANDA?? What is the reason why you want to breed her?? Why do you want champion breeding?? If it's just for money, that's not a good reason. If you want her to have a playmate, please look at shelters because there are copious amounts of gorgeous Huskies waiting for their permanent forever homes. I hope this helps.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Ok, if Huskies are in high demand there. I just think that everywhere in the world has an overpopulation of dogs. Plus, so many dogs get "shipped" & sold overseas, and they are not heathy & become very sick. And the puppies get shipped at only 4-5wks old...not good. That's what is bad about the Internet... it's too easy to breed and ship. The only good from it is if you are trying to rescue dogs and save dogs lives.

@Mahmoud Ehab ~ I just looked up Huskies in Egypt out of curiosity. It looks like there are copious amounts of Huskies, Husky puppies, and many other breeds for sale...and quite "overpopulated dogs" epidemic. Huskies do not do well in Egypt due to the high climates there.
Here is a website of overpopulated dogs in Egypt. (Overpopulation is not just in Egypt, but everywhere in the world.) It's just too sad for me to think of all those poor Huskies & dogs in shelters and all the money the breeders get without caring where they wind up. In Egypt, the overpopulation is all over the streets, and very bad things happen to these beautiful innocent souls.

8 hours ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:
@Mahmoud Ehab ~ I just looked up Huskies in Egypt out of curiosity. It looks like there are copious amounts of Huskies, Husky puppies, and many other breeds for sale...and quite "overpopulated dogs" epidemic. Huskies do not do well in Egypt due to the high climates there.
Here is a website of overpopulated dogs in Egypt. (Overpopulation is not just in Egypt, but everywhere in the world.) It's just too sad for me to think of all those poor Huskies & dogs in shelters and all the money the breeders get without caring where they wind up. In Egypt, the overpopulation is all over the streets, and very bad things happen to these beautiful innocent souls.

P.S. The website is for Huskies for sale in Egypt.

I think you forgot the link Emma. I had a quick search and found a Facebook page for Huskies for sale in Egypt. It make feel sick to see all the pups and dogs for sale but that goes for everywhere in the world as you say. If these were children there’d be an uproar but dogs don’t seem to matter.

1 hour ago, Luna-tic said:

I think you forgot the link Emma. I had a quick search and found a Facebook page for Huskies for sale in Egypt. It make feel sick to see all the pups and dogs for sale but that goes for everywhere in the world as you say. If these were children there’d be an uproar but dogs don’t seem to matter.

the links were removed as it is against our rules to posts websites with pets for sale...

@Robke ~ I deeply apologize to you. I was trying to show that Egypt does not have a shortage of Huskies. I didn't think about the "for sale" part of stating my point...that was not my intention for posting the website. Again, I am very sorry for breaking the rules and not thinking.
Sincerely~ANGIE[emoji171]@Luna-tic ~ I am deeply sorry to you for posting that website and never meant to upset you or anyone. ~ANGIE[emoji171]

2 minutes ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

@Robke ~ I deeply apologize to you. I was trying to show that Egypt does not have a shortage of Huskies. I didn't think about the "for sale" part of stating my point...that was not my intention for posting the website. Again, I am very sorry for breaking the rules and not thinking.
Sincerely~ANGIEemoji171.png@Luna-tic ~ I am deeply sorry to you for posting that website and never meant to upset you or anyone. ~ANGIEemoji171.png

that is alright Angie no harm done...we as mods need to be kept busy LOLOL...now do not do that again...:D:D

Archived