Hematoma in Ear

ZeenaMom

I'm curious if any other Husky Lovers have had this problem. Our Zeena had a Hematoma on her right ear & luckily the vet was able to sedate & drain without putting a tube in. Now I've just noticed the other ear doing the same. I've had dogs all my life and never saw these problems....so I'm wondering if it's perhaps Husky related? PS...we have appt with Veterinarian in 2 days to check it out & do procedure again if necessary.

Hi. Ear hematomas happen to any dogs and cats as well. Not my husky Ava, but my other girl had surgeries a couple of times due to ear infections. Seems it comes back in a few days after draining most of the time. What was the cause of Zeena's? Good luck.

By8A couple of months ago, we thought it was because our Shepsky was playing rough with her. There was no sign of infection in Ear or mites. Drainage then cleared it up & ear healed. I guess Dr will know when we go. I've had dogs & cats all my life & never had this happened. Twice to my husky in the last 2 months seems strange. Hoping for answers.rhank you for your reply.

I have really tried to limit their play as the tugging of the ears go...but it happened again. I just thought it was strange that of all the dogs I've  had...its never happened before. Thought perhaps It was something Husky's ears related....or at least more prone to happen. 

I had a staffy and she had a swelling full of blood on her ear once. It was drained but they couldn’t get it all out quick enough (before it hardened up) so she ended up with one ear drooping but it never came back in her case and didn’t affect her in any other way. Never did find out what caused it.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Border Collie who had a big swelling on his ear, the vet explained it was quite common and that while they could drain it, they found it better to leave it to sort itself. Which it did, took a couple of months and after it went the ear was a little stiffer. It then came up in his other but once that went down he never had it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information. I take Zeena back to Get tomorrow to remove stitches. I'll talk to him about this. Sounds like what happened with your border collie is what happened to Zeena...almost back to back....one ear then the other. We had a border collie named Dapple....she was with us for 18 yrs. She was so sweet & smart. We miss her dearly....but forever a part of our Heart! Thanks again for replying.

Archived