Rest In Peace Teyha

Leo Taylor-Coates

Hi guys,

Thought id show you my husky that sadly passed away just over 1 year ago unfortunatley I only have 1 photo of her on this laptop but it doesn't even take a photo to show you how amazing my girl was, and just to pay respect as I believe this is the right place to do it.

14021636_10210480858920660_4773147299339506388_n.thumb.jpg.d39a8abee105e9ef2cc4e0d28006a32b.jpg

Her story:

Teyha was born in March 16 2014, she came from a champion family in snow dog racing. Teyha was a wonder full pup with an amazing personality so full of joy and excitement, she used to roam around and just be a general twat, chew things, try and escape, destroy any household item that had sentimental value you name it haha! but she was so loving and affectionate and an amazing family dog, she was so gentle with other dogs aswel as new faces and different people that came into our home.

First Sezuire:

Anyways one day, my young sister began to scream so I ran down the stairs to see what it was and Teyha was having a FIT/Seizure, as anyone would do I began to panic and mind went blank on what to do. so I just sat back and comforted her told her she's going to be okay eventually she came round and began pacing few hours went by then I decided to take her to the Vets to see what caused this. he Diagnosed her with epilepsy and told me theres nothing he can do and it will be natural for her have a seizure once in a while. His words put ease on our minds.

3 months went by

Second Seizure: 

I had came in drunk one night with a Dominos pizza took it to my room eat the majority of it and passed out putting the box with a few slices left inside, Teyha being the twat she was came into my room and stole the pizza but I had heard her and jumped up to stop her, put it this way I've never seen a dog swallow a slice of pizza so fast but she wasn't the same after it. she was crying and throwing up so I comforted her as thats all I could really do and clean up the shit and sick haha! shortly after that she went into another seizure at this point I was clam because I had experienced it before, what an awful experience watching your dog in pain and theres nothing you could do about it. But this time she never managed to come our of the cycle and began to seizure again 2 hours between each other after the third one I was passed my self entered panic mode again and immediately called the vets(emergency vets this time) as there must be something we could do to help this poor dog, they told us to bring her in when she comes out of her cluster. I was FUCKING FURIOUS as I was researching online and dogs can literally just die when going through a cluster, anyways Teyha pulled through we got her to the vets after 16 Seizures at this point it had been 24 hours since we had contacted the vets so we took her down and they finally took her in for tests and gave us the option to either put her down or select medication. I my self did take it upon my self and put her on medication and she was right as rain pulled through for almost a year!

8 months later

Finally Cluster of Seizure's: 

So the medication was working wonders for Teyha, she was happy as Larry again being the escape artist she was decided to climb a wall YES a fucking wall not sure how she managed to do it but believe me when I say it people I will upload the video when I find it and show you how crazy it is, anyways decided to go missing for a few hours until returning home her self because she was clearly bored of the outside world...Lol, but again back with the "she wasn't the same" when she came back really grumpy and stuff but all came on pretty fast 6PM and night August 16th 2016 she went into another SEIZURE!! but this time she never came out of them we contacted the emergency vets which cost us £250 pound for a 15 minute phone call what a Joke 9AM The next morning she finally came out of the Seizure's I was up all night watching her but only this time it was too late to save her, Teyha Died in my arms after 37 Seizure's on August 17th 2016 really wish there was something I could of done but it happened she was such an amazing dog people believe me when I say this 

Thank you for reading it was important for my to write this as I've never had the chance to explain to anybody what happened and how it happend

Also sorry for poor gramma was never the best at writing haha 

R.I.P Teyha xxx

How awful for you and your dog, even after a year I can tell how much it still hurts and I really understand why, such a short time with your lovely girl and so much to go through. A short life but filled with fun and the odd adventure, better that than being tied up in some hell hole. You have your memories and you had her love as she had yours, hold on to the good feelings and in time the painful ones will soften and fade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It always feels so inadequate to say I'm sorry for your loss. Because its such a typical response given but I really can't come up with words that are important enough or helpful enough to elevate to sadness over the loss of your beloved Doggo.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I am also very sorry for your loss  -  and also feel that it is an inadequate way of empathising with you.    Marley is my second dog with epilepsy  -  so this story has really hit home for me  -  he has had two seizures in the last 2 days  -  they are normally about 6 weeks apart.

The love you felt for your companion is evident  -  she is lucky to have known that love.

Archived