Anybody our there got a runt?

Leo Taylor-Coates

Hello you fine husky owners,

Another question from me as I'm intrigued to know as I purposely picked the runt of the litter he was much smaller than his littermate but I knew I had the time for him and to help him have a nice healthy happy life.

Questions are:

Does anybody have the runt of the litter if so how far on are they and how big has he/she grown? Preferably pictures & a tad advice on what you done for them etc;

Do they grow full size or will the be very small always?

Many Thanks,

Aaron & Samantha

I have had two ' runts'  -  both made up all their growing as soon as they did not have to compete with food with their litter mates.   Just provide good nutrition and sit back and watch their progress with pride.

Sorry, cant help there, always had rescues
But I think runts can catch up as wolfpup says once the competition for food is taken out the equation

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

My old staffy was the runt of the litter. As others have said they can catch up, she however was tiny but whether that was because she was a runt or just her genetics is up for debate. Worth mentioning though is that she lived to a ripe old age and was extremely healthy. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived