Pet insurance

Del boy

Can anyone put us in the right direction regarding pet insurance.I have a 16 week Husky and I want to know what kind of things that I would like included in the cover.Wouldnt like anything to happen to the wee chap then the insurance company tells me that it's no covered.thanks

20180302_154351.jpg

Are you in the UK? I I use pet plan as they cover a condition for life not just a year, I have done 2 claims in the last month and they are very quick to pay up
The only exclusions would be any that are pre existing and you can choose different levels of insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Like 2

Pet plan for UK 100%.
They were super quick and easy when our little delight ate carpet underlay and became friendly with the vets! Even at Christmas time [emoji849][emoji848][emoji4]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I've insured my dog and I can help you. I can recommend the insurance company I use! It seems to me that animals are much more in need of insurance than people. I had never encountered this problem before and didn't know where to turn. I recently found a company. I was advised by a veterinarian who treats my Pets. The terms of animal insurance are just great. Everything was done in one day at a very good price. I applied https://www.petbusinessinternational.com.au and they helped me solve everything in a short time. I hope my comment was useful to you!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it would be better to say which to avoid! I’ve had 3 different insurers. The first was Animal Friends, 8 months after I took out the policy with cover for £6K, Luna had a bladder stone which nearly killed her as her bladder burst, she had sepsis and had to undergo surgery followed by 9 nights in the vets, lots of blood and urine tests, pile of medication to rival a pensioner and they also found a bone stuck in the side of her stomach. Of course I claimed and the larger part of the claim was refused due to a pre-existing condition! That was a reference to my having taken her to the vet when she was peeing a lot, vet gave antibiotics and suggested a urine sample to test, that didn’t happen. Insurers decided she’d had cystitis so the bladder stone was magically the product of that so they couldn’t pay out. They paid the cost of removing the bone lol. Anyway, after some strong communication from me they settled the whole bill, just under £6K. Renewal a couple of months later saw the price double to over £1K. I reinsured with Moreth>n.

A year with no vet claims and at renewal they wanted almost double as Luna hit 8. So I moved from there to another insurer for another claim free year and yes, you guessed it, the premium almost doubled again. I tried a net search and found the same company with the same policy offered for around £550 so as that was a big saving on what they’d quoted me direct I tried to sign up for the policy but when I hit the send button to pay for it, it just wouldn’t go through so on again and this time I have a policy with Animal Friends, same £6K cover yet the premium, despite her now being 9, was less than I paid when I took the first policy with them 3 years ago! It’s a total con isn’t it! It’s a chore trying to find the best premium and if a company pops up with a too good to be true price, check them out on Trust Pilot.

• 1 month later...

Hah, such a cute husky, how old is your dog? Anyway, of course you can ensure your pet, but it will be ensured as a good, not as a being. And if something happens you will get less money from the insurance company, moreover, if to compare to humans, animals have a higher risk of injuries simply because they are animals. Still, You can insure your pet easily. Today you can ensure almost everything, for example, on of my friend has made himself a plumbing insurance coverage recently.

• 4 months later...

It will be very expensive! Are you sure you are ready to pay such insurance? As far as I know, pet insurance is expensive due to the fact that they often injure themselves and the insurance companies incur heavy losses. When I tried to insure my dog, I was offered insurance for $ 1070 a month. It seems to me that this is too much in comparison with human insurance. I am not aware if my insurance covers the safety of my dog. This week I will contact my insurance coverage, from lifeinsuranceblog.net, to find out more about this. It would be cool to have such an opportunity.