sabresmum

a.) back up your data

b.) insert your XP install CD

c.) boot to the CD

d.) format the partition

e.) and reinstall XP.

Have a nice day. smile.gif

Good luck smile.gif ....

Have a read through this if your unsure .. http://www.pcstats.c...eid=1435&page=2

Thanks guys but I got lost at point C. will read the link above and see if it makes any sense sad.gif (I will probably be back asking for more help!!!)

Thats as simple as it gets Im afraid ...... You need to wipe your computer completely and re-install windows ... If your really not sure what I mean by that I would get someone else who knows a little more to do it for you to be honest as you might end up not being able to do it yourself and stuck with no computer

I looked into doing this, as I can't play The Sims on Vista and wanted to go back to XP.

However I couldn't find a simple way of doing it - and according to all the sites I have looked on its not a simple case of wiping Vista and putting XP back on.

I have got an old PC with XP on that Im doing up and just gonna use the laptop with Vista to go online!

Sarah x

this is very easy, if you know how.  taz291819 is correct you have to enter your pc's bios this is done during windows startup(normally done by pressing ESC or F3,F12 depends on what pc u have) this is normally a blue screen. there you have to set bootup to boot from CD/DVD, save the changes, the pc will restart, then it will say press space bar to boot from CD/DVD press the space bar then follow installation process. once you have completed the install re-enter the bios and change it back to normal to boot from hard drive. then it will restart and then you are done.

hope this helps a bit :)

this is very easy, if you know how. taz291819 is correct you have to enter your pc's bios this is done during windows startup(normally done by pressing ESC or F3,F12 depends on what pc u have) this is normally a blue screen. there you have to set bootup to boot from CD/DVD, save the changes, the pc will restart, then it will say press space bar to boot from CD/DVD press the space bar then follow installation process. once you have completed the install re-enter the bios and change it back to normal to boot from hard drive. then it will restart and then you are done.

hope this helps a bit :)

Please do not just go ahead and do this if you dont know what your doing as there us more than this you need to take into consideration.

• Do you have all the hardware drivers for your computer? If you dont have these then you may lose things like your sound, net connection etc
  • Are you on wireless? and if so do you know how to reconnect your computer to the wireless? ... I know this sounds daft but some people dont know how.
  • Do you have software that was preinstalled on your PC that you use all the time? If so have you got this software on disk so you can reinstall it?
  • Have you backed up everything including favourites from your browser etc? If not do you know how?

Not trying to put anyone else down by any means as what they are saying above is correct. The problem is when you learn so much about a PC you tend to forget all the simple things you do that are a real problem for others. Drivers especially.

Also, afterward, you can leave the Bios settings on boot from CD/DVD first, just don't leave a disc in the drive (or a bootable disc). It'll still boot from the hard drive just fine.

And I agree with the above, at minimum, have the drivers for your network card or wireless NIC, so you can gain access to the internet to download other drivers. I always make sure to have all drivers put a flash drive before a reinstallation of Windows. It isn't really that hard, you just need to make sure you have everything first.

Boy, am I glad my 19 yr old is doing a foundation degree in computers, the hardest bit I have is shouting "Adam, I need your help!"!

Personally, I wouldn't touch a thing as half of what has been said may as well be in Latin! I'd get a friend, family member or someone who knows what's what to do it for you, xx

Please do not just go ahead and do this if you dont know what your doing as there us more than this you need to take into consideration.

• Do you have all the hardware drivers for your computer? If you dont have these then you may lose things like your sound, net connection etc
  • Are you on wireless? and if so do you know how to reconnect your computer to the wireless? ... I know this sounds daft but some people dont know how.
  • Do you have software that was preinstalled on your PC that you use all the time? If so have you got this software on disk so you can reinstall it?
  • Have you backed up everything including favourites from your browser etc? If not do you know how?

Not trying to put anyone else down by any means as what they are saying above is correct. The problem is when you learn so much about a PC you tend to forget all the simple things you do that are a real problem for others. Drivers especially.

rep given.

i learned from years of trial and error. unless you are 100% confident then dont touch it, you will make it worse.

ps marc i think i love you lol (not being gay, just nice to find someone else who really does understand computers)

I'll attempt to translate for you Linda

1 Computer................. Its what your looking at.

2 Windows................... its what you look out of

3 Vista.......................... Its the view from your window

4 Drivers......................... sit behind the wheel of a car

5 Hardware..................... Pots n pans

6 Software....................... Cushions or thermal undies

7 Wireless......................Dogs chewed thruogh cable again

8 PC .................................Policeman

9 Bios................................. think thats when somebody favours one team more than another.

10 Browser..........................Thats when you go shopping but don't buy owt.

Hope this has cleared this up for youbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

It certainly has for meblink.gifblink.gif

9 Bios................................. think thats when somebody favours one team more than another.

10 Browser..........................Thats when you go shopping but don't buy owt.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

couldnt have put it better myself!!!! AWESOME D :D ::D