Going outside

Maya’s Mommy

Hi everyone đŸ‘‹đŸ»

i am so glad that I found this site. I have a dilemma that I can’t figure out. Maya is a year old and all of a sudden she won’t go out to potty. I also have a border collie/german shepherd.  This just started yesterday and before she would run to the door to go out with Maggie (other dog), now she refuses to go out. I do have to tie her as our yard is not fenced and she never minded before. She hasn’t been left out in the rain or anything like that. I finally had to just push her out. Once she’s out she’s okay. Help!!! Any suggestions??

Hi everyone [emoji1309]
i am so glad that I found this site. I have a dilemma that I can’t figure out. Maya is a year old and all of a sudden she won’t go out to potty. I also have a border collie/german shepherd.  This just started yesterday and before she would run to the door to go out with Maggie (other dog), now she refuses to go out. I do have to tie her as our yard is not fenced and she never minded before. She hasn’t been left out in the rain or anything like that. I finally had to just push her out. Once she’s out she’s okay. Help!!! Any suggestions??
Maybe she had a little scare with the other dog or perhaps something near the door way spooked her or bothered her, or she heard a strange unfamiliar sound. Some younger ones are easily intimidated

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You could put both dogs on leashes and walk outside with them for awhile. Taking walks with them would be great to help release their pent up energy!! Maybe they got tangled up when they were tied up. Being tied up isn't the best thing because they can easily escape, get lost, get hit by a car, plus they cannot get any exercise. Just some ideas. I think if you go outside with them, the one dog will get over any fears it may have.
Good luck!![emoji847]
[emoji252][emoji252][emoji252] WELCOME ABOARD [emoji252][emoji252][emoji252]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thank you all so much. As far as being tied only she is as Maggie knows her boundaries. The couples of times she got lose she went running and I liked to never got her home. They play outside and she has a 80 ft lead. We live in a rural area and have 150 acres it’s hard for me to walk them right now as I have my 95 year old mother that lives with us. She has dementia end stage and can’t be left alone 😱. As far as I can tell nothing spooked her as I can watch them from my family room. She was fine when she came in and then decided later that nope I ain’t going out anymore. I will give her credit as she hasn’t done anything in the house. She seems a bit better today as she actually went to the door and she went out willingly but other than that she still fights it 

Okay now I have another problem with her.  She is crate trained and all of a sudden she is now barking, whining to be let out after she eats her treat and we are settled down to sleep. She has her own crate and Maggie has hers and they both sleep in our room. I tried putting a blanket over her crate but she wanted nothing to do with it at first. I had to raise one side so she could see me but not Maggie. She finally settled down after a while. Maggie gets a kong with peanut butter and I tried that with Maya and she eats the kong itself. She doesn’t seem real thrilled about it. So I usually give her two large milk bones and she seems satisfied with those. Just can’t figure out why all of a sudden she acts like this. 

Archived