Interesting vet visit...

robke

Had an interesting vet visit yesterday, in The Netherlands the booster jab that normally gets done every year is no longer, they have finally done the testing and the outcome is that the main cocktail of jabs, Parvo etc is good for 3 years. no more boosters, the only one that does have to be done yearly is the Weil Disease...

after they all had their Weil jab and Iwan his Rabies one all have been classed as healthy dogs...

1 minute ago, Jo said:

I’m in Uk and My vets are going over to 3 yearly just annual lepto ..

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Lincoln's a bit far....... but tempting ;)
Good to hear it's being implemented - will ask our vet next time we see them (usually about once every couple of weeks - there's always something up with one of them)

Some vets here just do tieter tests to check the levels, but still most of them do the annual vaccinations, except for rabies which is 3 years.  Too bad most places like daycare, dog parks  or groomers require annual vaccinations to bring your dogs. 

There’s research that has strongly suggested that annual boosters are detrimental to cat and dog health. Repeatedly giving them doses of vaccines is not necessary and causes all sorts of problems later in life. I stopped years ago, I’ll have the initial ones done and that’s all. I’ve even read an article that there is research to suggest that vaccination has a detrimental outcome that may be responsible for the onset of autoimmune diseases and even hip dysplasia. It creates anti-bodies which are not beneficial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was at my vets last night and i talked to them about this, Seems its a depends on vets thing as they are doing the new 3 year repeat jab thing for most of it. but its up to the vets and what vacines they use some are still doing the same yearly over dose jab

And this thing about the vacinations started up about 20 years ago as people noticed a few dogs have really bad reactions to the jabs mid life i think the research started in the usa as i remember it being a story in usa news feeds at the time as some one was sueing a vet for killing thier dog

I've only ever had the puppy jabs done and no more.   I follow the research done in the USA that immunisation can last 7-9 years in most cases.     My own vets only do boosters every 3 years except one yearly jab  -  but I've never let my dogs have any past puppy stage.

I will have titre testing done before my move to Wales as the company who will be taking care of my animals insist on vaccination records  -  but would accept titre test results (grudgingly).

I have a friend who has all the jabs going every year for her little jack russell cross  -  he is now around 8 and has severe skin problems and allergies.    I have also seen dogs in our vets suffering with the same symptoms and skin problems  -  and on occasion when speaking to them they have confirmed they always get their dogs vaccinated.

I've never had a dog or cat with any sort of allergy or skin problems  (or contracted any illness)  -  maybe I've just been lucky for the last 50 years or so.

One other thing to bear in mind  a cat gets exactly the same dosage as a tiger  -  and a jack russell the same dosage as a great dane  -   ludicrous!

1 hour ago, Luna-tic said:

This makes interesting reading: https://www.doglistener.co.uk/depth-annual-dog-vaccination-dangers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting reading. Thanks. Whilst I'm convinced that we don't need to vaccinate as often as we do, I'm a little more sceptical on the dangers of over-vaccination (maybe as it's never affected me with respect to all the dogs I've been with over the years) - no clinical trials and I tend to be reminded of the "clinical evidence" of the human MMR vaccination causing autism in children. Or not, as was proven when the "evidence" was shown to be suspect. I'm absolutely certain that vaccinations of any sort, to any species, can have a negative impact, just as all medication has negative side effects.

Just to add one more article from Dogs Naturally magazine - then I'll shut up about it:

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/vaccinations-skin-disease/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Product-Of-The-Week-Anti-Vaccinosis&utm_campaign=Anti-Vaccinosis-Sale

There are quite a few articles on vaccinations on this site  -  none of them complimentary.

well if we want to travel we just need to vaccinate wether Rabies or anything else it is just  a need that we need to .... or sit at home watching geraniums...but to young for that...

Archived