Some news.

PaulG

Well after loosing my old shep a month short of his 17th birthday I have been feeling down. but yesturday I got a new dog 10 month old Belgian Shepherd Malanois variety

I will take some better pictures as in the last few days he went to a home with a  smaller dog a pug that was fighting with him over food (thansk to idiot owners who expected them to eat side by side)

So old owner took him back and gave him to me, the poor pup is living in fear of my girl for some reason, but enjoys a walk with the husky. Just have to get a dogmatic or gentle leader as he pulls worse than a husky but with some lessons and the use of a doubkle ended training lead hooked to his fixed collar and the other two a leather choker he has stopped pulling a little. I do not like using chokers but i tend to keep one around just in case as its easy to flip onto a loose dog.

He has been a bit jumpy not letting me out iof his sight but he is calming down and should settle in a  couple days.

He may need to do the Schutzhund training as i think he has a natraul nater to be a search tracking dog as he has to look over every wall and behind every bush. I have owned nosey dogs before my sheps like to see what is around but this guy takes being nosey to a whole new level

photo_2018-02-02_23-47-51.jpg

photo_2018-02-02_23-47-57.jpg

He’s a big boy! I used to use dogmatic head collars and found that it rubbed fur away, have a look on Indi dog’s head collars, i used them after my hand operations, can’t fault them and they don’t irritate the fur.
Good luck with training [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I was looking for a 2nd husky sent lots of emails left loads of messages and no one replied, the one husky i might have got was a time waster made arrangments to meet me twice forst time  forgiot 2nd time contacted me on the day and said i dont think its going to work then texted me at 4:45am saing i could still have him if i wanted. After me saying i wanted dogs to meet some where to see if they got on. her addvert was pulled then went up again lower price and then was pulled again

Then i saw this addvert for the BG Mallinois boy whoI missed at forst as they homed him with a pug that was food agressive and kept attacking the poor dog. He gets on well with my furballs no food issues at all eats the same as my two who get a full bowl  once a day and go back and forth eating a little bit now and then.

Tuesday I went for a walk with him in the park and used the off lead area we have now (after a lot of fighting with council to get it) it was trying to snow so i came him and got into bed for a nap. Had my girl curled up under the covers with me against my chest. and he curled up on the other side on top of the covers so i was all warm and toasty as i had a nap. Took him to the vets and had to get his jabs again as i got no paperwork at all for him. spent 2 hours on laptop and phone with petlog and eventualy got him transfered over to me as owner after i paid £17 .  After we got back from the vets i gave him and the others a good boy treat, just took me a few hours to change the beding as every time i went to do it i got one or two dogs standing on the bed

So Ty was born 4th april 2017 and already weighs in at 32.75 Kilo's and he has another 8 months or so growing to do so now husky pack mate for poor Louie who is stuck being an only husky

photo_2018-02-06_21-07-20.jpg

photo_2018-02-06_21-07-29.jpg

Archived