What color is YOUR husky's tongue :D

aronoiiel

My roomate used to breed dogs and her purebred GSD and Dobies all had a dark spot on their tongues. Well she looked at Kiana's tongue and said she wasn't purebred because she has a pink tongue. I was like um well as far as I know huskies have pink tongues lol. So I looked it up online and only found pink tongues, spots only occuring with mixes. Soooooo what color is YOUR husky's tongue? ? ?

As a side note my Corgi mix's tongue it pink LOL

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Husky Zoya has a pink tongue. Our last Husky Elke had a pink tongue. It is possible for a Siberian Husky to have a dark spot or spots on their tongue, but it is no indication of breed purity. Same is true for GSDs. Whether or not a dog has a dark spot on its tongue is simply a matter of passed on genetics. Black or dark spots on the tongue are a recessive trait, so both parents would have to be carriers of the gene, and the pup would have to get the gene from each parent to end up with the trait.

There are old wive's tales about black or dark spots on the tongues of dogs. For every one that says a dog has to have such spots to be purebred, there are two or three that say a dog with dark or black spots on its tongue means it's a mixed breed. Some say that there is Chow in the line if such spots are on the tongue. That too is an old wive's tale that is simply not true.

Edited for spelling error. Just a bad speller I guess.

All pink here too, but like Dave said its all about genetics and skin tones etc... Someone put a post in on one of the threads the other day saying that in some village in the far east its thought that dogs with dark spots in the mouths were more likly to bite and be aggressive! Also I know of several people that have been asked if their blue eye'd huskies are deaf so that just goes to show what random nonsesnse often gets passed around!!

ok going off alil here two of mine are pink tongues and pink inside their mouth but Odin, inside his mouth used to me mostly black when a pup but now he is mostly pink but still as splashes of black inside his mouth cheeks an gaw an palet.

Does any one else have this ????

ive not noticed it with blaze but bings mouth is like that - check the pic i posted u can see its black with bits ov pink

• 1 year later...

Hi @all

I am glad to have found this site, as i can see :D my 8 month's old male is wolf brown colored, and have nice 'sunglasses' on his face hehe

One question, if have black color inside his mouth does it mean he is more aggressive, if that can be said aggressive for this dogs, because it means too much biting games :D Someone told me that.

PS

And yes, his tongue is pink heh

Pink for both my dogs, husky and pit bull. Koopa has black spots on the roof of his mouth but not on his tongue. Chow Chows and Shar Peis have blue/black tongues, if they have pink spots on theirs it is usually a mix. Most dogs with blue/black spotted tongues usually have Chow or Shar Pei in them from what I know, could be wrong on that.