Gastro enteritis nightmare.......

chelseafan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back from the vet and more blood tests reveal no conclusive results, white cells are low, he’s on a week long course of antibiotics and if no improvement by wed an x-ray. The vet indicated it could be a tumour but only the x-ray can rule this out so here’s hoping its just a nasty infection that’ll clear up.
Thankyou all for your concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Dont feel stupid!!! You have so much worry about him that you could easily miss this, is he feeling any better?

He’s eating sweet potato and white fish, just about, he’s sleeping a lot, normal I suppose when your ill. He’s lost nearly 6lb and nearly £370 later and we’re no further on knowing what’s wrong with him, he’s up and down, I’m researching zinc deficiency as he has some symptoms and the vet didn’t know too much about it. No walks at the moment but he’s showing no interest yet, he has 3 more days on the antibiotics so I’m hoping to see signs of improvement.
Thanks for asking [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Lol, he loved it [emoji3]

A massive thankyou to Dan to as he posted some Natural Instinct food for Luka, what an amazing thing to do, it’s much appreciated.

Sorry to hear he’s no better, out of curiosity has he been given anything other than antibiotics?
Only reason I ask is Bear started off with severe vomiting and water poo which turned into passing just blood. If they’re bleeding they usually prescribe antibiotics but in her case they gave her a steroid shot as well and boom! Within hours she started to perk up. It was the first indicator that what we were dealing with was as an inflammatory condition. It took a while to get to the diagnosis stage though so I totally get what you’re going through right now. Xx

Praying so much for LUKA.[emoji120]
I hope your Vet can do an x-ray and more blood & urine work. He may need some IVs/blood transfusion to help him feel better, help his organs, and help his body fight this. I don't know if steroids would help. I hope LUKA feels better soon.
[emoji171][emoji8][emoji252][emoji191]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Sorry to hear he’s no better, out of curiosity has he been given anything other than antibiotics?
Only reason I ask is Bear started off with severe vomiting and water poo which turned into passing just blood. If they’re bleeding they usually prescribe antibiotics but in her case they gave her a steroid shot as well and boom! Within hours she started to perk up. It was the first indicator that what we were dealing with was as an inflammatory condition. It took a while to get to the diagnosis stage though so I totally get what you’re going through right now. Xx

Hi, he’s had one round of antibiotics, a vitamin injection and promax and now he’s on a second round of antibiotics.
Just heard from a friend that somebody is putting rat poison down in our local park, doesn’t like dogs apparently, her dog nearly didn’t make it.

2 minutes ago, chelseafan said:

Just heard from a friend that somebody is putting rat poison down in our local park, doesn’t like dogs apparently, her dog nearly didn’t make it.

That's despicable! I'm not a huge fan of cats but I don't go around harming them!

Will the knowledge of the potential rat poison help with the vet's diagnosis and treatment?

She lets her springer off lead in the park and we don’t take ours there now, too many off lead yappy dogs snarling and barking at mine.
Evil thing to do!

Praying so much for LUKA.[emoji120]
I hope your Vet can do an x-ray and more blood & urine work. He may need some IVs/blood transfusion to help him feel better, help his organs, and help his body fight this. I don't know if steroids would help. I hope LUKA feels better soon.
[emoji171][emoji8][emoji252][emoji191]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Blood results confused her as what she expected to see she didn’t, he’s not dehydrated so no drip necessary. I’m thinking he might need a zinc supplement, I’ve done a lot of research and I spoke to the vet but she doesn’t know a lot about zinc deficiency,
He’s eaten 3 small meals now, no walks which is helping him. Just wait to see if antibiotics do their job.

Archived