10 week old male poop training

Elly&Hunter

Hi Everyone,

We have had our gorgeous boy for just over 2 weeks now and he has settled in so well! 

One thing that we are having a bit of trouble recognising a cause for is our little guy pooping inside. (I realise he is still very young so please bare with for explanation)

Within the first couple of nights he was able to make it through the night without wee accidents but still pooped - he's got the hang of asking to go out and now rarely wee's inside other than small ones which he can stop when we say No to him and take him outside. Poops are a bit different - we take him outside every two hours then immediately after eating or sleeping. He will wee straight away but we give him longer to poop. He usually poops outside after a lot of encouragement - however, sometimes he won't poop at all but within seconds of coming back in side (we let him stay out till he wants to come back in) he will poop inside - this can be a few seconds or 5 minutes theres no pattern that we can see. If we say no or try to pick him up he continues to poop so we have to wait for him to finish as to not drop it round the house, we then take him out immediately and give the usual wee wee command. He also seems to know that it is wrong because he will try and get under something as if to hide. I hate to think we've scared him or been too strict!! 

I've read that they can associate certain rooms as a toiletting spot because they don't spend enough time in that room but when we are in we have been leaving the downstairs open for him to roam around in to help him recognise it as his living space. He is kept in the kitchen if we go out for a max of 2-3 hours (he doesn't have accidents in that time) and at night where he sleeps in a crate with the door open. He never wee's or poops in his crate or the kitchen. 

Like I said I know he is very young and he has been doing very well but I don't want to be continuing causing the behaviour through something we are doing?

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Our stunning boy at 9 weeks! 

26540380_10155981511178899_1997666873_o.jpg

Put his poop outside so the outside smells of him business and LOADS of praise when he does go outside, ignore the inside and don't let him see u clean it up , he'll think your 'playing' with it and think he's pleased you

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

25 minutes ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Put his poop outside so the outside smells of him business and LOADS of praise when he does go outside, ignore the inside and don't let him see u clean it up , he'll think your 'playing' with it and think he's pleased you

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thank you we will give this a go! 

Archived