Iced cap: ottawa, coldest capital in the world!

eriin

im enjoying all the pictures everyone is posting about the snow and good weather because currently in my area we're huddled up and definately NOT going outside. on thursday in ottawa, canada it was -27°c, with windchills it felt like -36°c, making it the coldest capital in the world! i live about an hour away in a small town so i can only imagine it was a couple degrees cooler here. but still we beat out greenland AND mongolia, which on average apparently is the coldest capital. it hasnt been a fun week.

found this quote on the cbc website, just to keep it husky [emoji6]

"The overnight temperature in Novosibirsk, the unofficial capital of the Russian region of Siberia, reached a low of –14."

whats the temperature where you are?

right now its 2:30 in the afternoon and -18°, with windchill -22°c.

Oh my goodness@Eriin that's cold. It's colder then the region of Siberia, Russia I always thought that country was the coldest since it's freezing there most of the time. WOW!! Well no going outside for sure.
In Missouri it's about 15 it's cold. Haven't reached negative temperatures yet so I'm happy about that. Lol
You need to drink lots of hot chocolate.
[emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

@eriin ~ I thought "usually" Greenland was the coldest place?? But not this year right...I learned it's Ottawa from you & I'm so sorry you are freezing there. We are too from what we know as cold.
When I was a kid, age 10 in 1976, my Mom & Dad took us 4 kids to Canada. My Dad DROVE thousands of miles starting from Ohio!! We went all through Canada in 3weeks, hitting Ottawa, New Brunswick, Toronto, Quebec, Montreal (I believe the 1976 Montreal Summer Olympics were going on), Ontario, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Labrador and more!! My Mom had taken French in school, so that helped save us at restaurants & motels back then!! It's was such a wonderful vacation our parents took us on in a Buick Station Wagon, where we all slept in the car a few times. I think my Dad had to get 4 new tires just once on that trip!! Just a great memory for me!! It would be fun to do it all again...but only in the summer!!
Stay WARM there!!
[emoji171][emoji472][emoji960]️[emoji252][emoji252][emoji300]️[emoji274][emoji274][emoji274][emoji274][emoji274][emoji274]

@eriin ~ I thought "usually" Greenland was the coldest place?? But not this year right...I learned it's Ottawa from you & I'm so sorry you are freezing there. We are too from what we know as cold.
When I was a kid, age 10 in 1976, my Mom & Dad took us 4 kids to Canada. My Dad DROVE thousands of miles starting from Ohio!! We went all through Canada in 3weeks, hitting Ottawa, New Brunswick, Toronto, Quebec, Montreal (I believe the 1976 Montreal Summer Olympics were going on), Ontario, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Labrador and more!! My Mom had taken French in school, so that helped save us at restaurants & motels back then!! It's was such a wonderful vacation our parents took us on in a Buick Station Wagon, where we all slept in the car a few times. I think my Dad had to get 4 new tires just once on that trip!! Just a great memory for me!! It would be fun to do it all again...but only in the summer!!
Stay WARM there!!
[emoji171][emoji472][emoji960]️[emoji252][emoji252][emoji300]️[emoji274][emoji274][emoji274][emoji274][emoji274][emoji274]

wow! you have actually visited more of canada than i have! [emoji12] sounds like it was super fun! [emoji1] in the near future i plan on doing an across canada trip. i want to do the states also. when i was younger my family used to take short road trips down through new york, new hampshire and vermont and one time we went to ohio! didnt stay long, went to the rock n roll hall of fame and some hockey place? i think. i liked it there though [emoji4]

@eriin ~ The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is located in Cleveland Ohio, right by Lake Erie...a pretty cool place to go!! That's cool you got to see some of the states!!
Our trip to Canada was always something Mom & Dad wanted to do. Us 4 kids got lucky...it was so fun!! But being 10 years old, I only remember bits and pieces.
But definitely, I hope you get to tour all over your beautiful country, and I hope you get to tour the states again!!
It's great talking memories with you!![emoji847][emoji274]

Archived