What Is The Best Toys For Pups?

ShyLoh

So I will be getting a purebred siberian husky puppy come February (she is 11 days old now) and I am going to be collecting a variety of different toys for her to see what she likes best. What kind of toys do your dogs like? What brands do you find the best? I know she will probably just destroy every toy as she ages, but I would like to find some good quality, budget friendly toys for her. 

I already have a puppy kong, some walmart toys that vary from squeakers, plush and balls. Today I went to a local pet store for boxing day sales and picked up a couple more toys at 50% off (yay!) and those toys vary from crinkle stuffing-less, bottle toy, rope toys, spiky ball toys, etc. I will be going to dollarama and picking up some stuffing-less squeak toys and more teething type toys, along back to the pet store. 

I like my dogs to have lots of toys all the time, this is not my first puppy (although first purebred siberian... I own 2 husky mixes that I raised from puppies). Each of my dogs like different types, Keeno prefers ball toys and occasionally rope toys if a ball is unavailable to him. Shiloh like crinkle or plush toys.  They both love their frozen kong toy/treat. So what is everyones favorite brands? Best teething toys? Best boredom breakers? 

I will be doing some shopping on amazon too, so anything anyone suggests I look at on there (I use amazon.ca not .com)? 

• Like 1

All of the above were great but as they got older they would destroy toys within 20 mins. A treat ball worked for a while, it kept them interested until they’d managed to get all of the treats out but a coke/lemonade bottle with a few treats in it would keep them interested for up to an hour. I preferred these to toys with stuffing as they’d break the plastic into pieces without swallowing any, one of mine swallowed some toy stuffing once and thankfully it came out the following day. Peanut butter in a kong and then frozen worked for a while, but now they’re both nearly 2 they love squeaky balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

It depends on how big your dog is and if he has this desire to play with toys. Every Saturday, I go with my dog to the dog's park with our toys, and I noticed that dogs would like to play with a simple leg, and they don't even touch a Large Cotton Rope Ball Toy, for example. So the best decision you can make it's to bring your dog to a puppy shop, and he will choose alone what he likes, and after this to order from the internet stuff like this, because there are more practical and trustworthy toys.