sarah

Jimdc

@Jimdc~ Oh my gosh!! That snake[emoji216] is giving me the HEEBIE JEEBIES!![emoji85][emoji89]
Yes, SARAH is a super good girl!![emoji191][emoji4] She definitely needs a pork chop every day for a week!![emoji169]
Due to this "all summer" heatwave, there have been snakes, land turtles, deer, coyotes & other animals coming out of the woods and up to people's lawns hanging around hoses, kiddy pools, etc. I see a few snakes every summer, but it better never be a rattler!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God SARAH didn't go for the snake and let out her "warning bark" for you to come to her. And good thing the snake has a rattle because it's called a rattlesnake...and a very big one!!
I'm in Ohio and we do have some around here. There were some at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base years ago and also in the caves around Hocking Hills OH. I pray I never see one. I flip out over 5' rat snakes!![emoji38][emoji216][emoji849][emoji38]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

today i had a breakthrough. sarah had been escaping my property[37 fenced acres] through varies means., under the fence in places and lately through 2 - 3' diameter culverts leading from my lower pond under an easment rd. to a creek. i fenced those in so she cant get through. she wouldnt come to me when i called and wouldnt let me get close to her when i let her out. i had been keeping her locked up in a fenced yard around the house and she really hates it when i leave. neighbors  probably think shes being tortured by the sounds she makes. today i let her out after a week and she hung around for awhile doing her zoomies. she took off and headed to my lower pond but couldnt get through the fencing i put up so came back to the house and has been hanging out around the house and lets me walk right up to her and pet her. inside the house and yard she came right to me. outside the yard i never could until today.

Archived