Over the head harness creating an issue......

chelseafan

Cai has developed a dislike of his harness, the last couple of weeks in particular. He used to run away when it was time to put it on but he was playful about it and when he’d sit down that meant he was ready for you to put it on. But now he’s putting his head on the floor, turning his head from side to side so you can’t put it on. I’ve no idea why he dislikes it, I’m holding the harness in my left hand and holding a treat in my right hand so that when he moves his head forward I put the harness over his head, then I’m praising him, anymore suggestions please. Has anyone experienced this and can it be solved?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Alpha had this for a while ... he did not like anything going over or near his head / ears... found out that he had a small cut in his inner ear which made him do this... maybe have a look in his ear??? we also did the treat in one hand and the harness in the other he soon caught on to what we wanted to do LOL... 

My two do the same thing!! Yeah, they want to go for a walk but without the harness LOL!! It takes AJ told hold them, and me to put their harnesses on.
Do you have someone that can hold CAI while you put the harness on??
I've noticed Huskies want to do everything we do! Since we don't wear harnesses, they don't want to either!!
[emoji16][emoji171][emoji92][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I tried head harness after nearly being pulled down by my 24 week old boy Loki, I do heal train but unless I’m willing to feed him 100 cocktail sausages to keep him beside me it doesn’t really work well for me, and my boy Loki hated it, and I want him to enjoy the walks so I was advised to try the Halti body harness, clips at the front so controls the pulling fantastically and he is very happy like me now , happy walks 😊

Amy goes through stages with not wanting her harness on, if she’s being difficult I just drop it on the floor and and walk away, she soon realizes that no harness means no walk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Amy goes through stages with not wanting her harness on, if she’s being difficult I just drop it on the floor and and walk away, she soon realizes that no harness means no walk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Lol[emoji23] no messing about! I tried that for a couple of days and I even walked Luka out of the back gate and waited a few mins when I walked back in he just sat there looking at me as if to say ‘what?? I ordered some freeze dried chicken feet last week, they came yesterday so thought I’d try one to entice him, I hadn’t finished calling him and he was sat in front of me waiting, harness on no problem, they truly are a ‘what’s in it for me’ breed! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived