Finally claimed ownership and found out birthday!

Vickie

This was almost a post in the Steam Room!

We adopted our giant husky furball (she's 60cm tall, super fluffy and overweight!) almost 5.5 weeks ago. Either the adoption agency or council took their time, so we hadn't been able to register and claim pet ownership -- until today! She's finally, officially our furbaby! Hooray!

And we found out her birthday from the registry! Double hooray!

1 minute ago, Markie said:

When is her birthday?? You should plan early emoji6.png lol

5th July!

Haha you're right. I should start researching healthy pupcake recipes. Hopefully by then she would have lost all her excess weight and could indulge! :) 

5th July!
Haha you're right. I should start researching healthy pupcake recipes. Hopefully by then she would have lost all her excess weight and could indulge! [emoji4] 

Right after the Fourth of July(independence day US) [emoji4][emoji178] Oh yes hopefully it's down by then. She could have like seven if it's down [emoji6][emoji173]️[emoji177][emoji177][emoji177][emoji179][emoji178][emoji171] Don't forget birthday presents [emoji16][emoji177] What is her goal weight?? And where is she at?? 🤗

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Just now, Markie said:

What is her goal weight?? And where is she at?? 🤗

When she first came home she was 35kg; at last weighing about 2 weekends ago she was 32.3kg. We were told that at her heaviest she was 42.8!

Based on her height of 60cm, which is the max for a standard male husky, I think maybe 25kg would be her goal weight. She's already got her waist back when looking from above. Still waiting to see a more distinct abdominal tuck, though I'm not sure she'd ever get a tuck back because of her being middle-aged and/or excess skin from being overweight?

When she first came home she was 35kg; at last weighing about 2 weekends ago she was 32.3kg. We were told that at her heaviest she was 42.8!
Based on her height of 60cm, which is the max for a standard male husky, I think maybe 25kg would be her goal weight. She's already got her waist back when looking from above. Still waiting to see a more distinct abdominal tuck, though I'm not sure she'd ever get a tuck back because of her being middle-aged and/or excess skin from being overweight?

I don't know but huskies usually will lose weight and it all will go back to normal as they are losing the weight. I would think the tuck would go back to normal. Her age wouldn't really be a factor she isn't 12-13 right? so she can still get that all back. It would just take lots of work which you are already doing [emoji4] Doing a great job [emoji16]🤗[emoji178]

12 minutes ago, Markie said:

I don't know but huskies usually will lose weight and it all will go back to normal as they are losing the weight. I would think the tuck would go back to normal. Her age wouldn't really be a factor she isn't 12-13 right? so she can still get that all back. It would just take lots of work which you are already doing emoji4.png Doing a great job emoji16.png🤗emoji178.png

Thank you! Here's hoping!

We're already shamed at the dog park when we first took her there. Got us a bit defensive because it wasn't our fault. :P 

Thank you! Here's hoping!

We're already shamed at the dog park when we first took her there. Got us a bit defensive because it wasn't our fault. [emoji14] 

I understand that [emoji6] I'm not much on dog parks I took five huskies to one once and everyone got their dogs to take off. Scared I guess. I have learned people have a hard time with different. Just keep keeping on your doing great!!! [emoji4] Have you ever heard the saying

"Wolf's dont coware under the option of sheep". Those people at the park are sheep just let it go in one ear and out the other you got this [emoji179][emoji173]️[emoji178]🤗🤗[emoji4]

5 hours ago, Markie said:

I understand that emoji6.png I'm not much on dog parks I took five huskies to one once and everyone got their dogs to take off. Scared I guess. I have learned people have a hard time with different. Just keep keeping on your doing great!!! emoji4.png Have you ever heard the saying

"Wolf's dont coware under the option of sheep". Those people at the park are sheep just let it go in one ear and out the other you got this emoji179.pngemoji173.pngemoji178.png🤗🤗emoji4.png

To be totally fair the people at the dog park were only concerned for the dog. They're generally very friendly and helpful!

2 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

My boy is 23 inches n 28kg with your girl being a bigger girl expect her to weigh a bit more , 25kg might be a bit too thin for her

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Hmm okay. I thought maybe dogs are like humans where the male has higher muscle mass than female. I'll check more carefully once she gets below 30kg.

Hmm okay. I thought maybe dogs are like humans where the male has higher muscle mass than female. I'll check more carefully once she gets below 30kg.

I could be wrong but I would just keep an eye on her , I'd put it down to each individual dog rather than gender my girl is bigger then my male and despite him eating more than she does she weighs more than him , she is currently on a diet too as she's a bit bigger then I want her but she won't ever weigh less then he does she's built bigger

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

12 hours ago, Olympia7 said:

Congrats on your new addition, would love to see pics or is she waiting for her summer body?  :D:D

I've been threatening to post pics but often don't get on the forums except during short breaks at work. One day I will! I have sooooo many pictures and videos. I try to limit the upload to Facebook to one batch every 2-3 weeks to spare my friends haha.

I haven’t measured Luna's height as I’m not sure which bit you’d measure but I felt she was a bit overweight when we got her. I’ve changed her diet to raw which she seems happy about but she doesn’t have a big appetite and often leaves some of what I give her although she always eats the chicken lol. She was 29.5 kg when we first got her and I’m sure she might be heavier now. She’s getting more exercise than she did in her old home where a small garden was where she laid around most of the time. She has a lot of coat but I’m sure that doesn’t weigh that much but I can’t see a way to slim her down a bit.

aef8e0152d0a7fdf9376d934a283ce37.jpg&key=680b1ab814f82d8699a73134f8f9bb8097b75270f4f610196feca0f0a92e44b9

ef80faa47b666e3f5536bbdf9b6610c0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this helps .. bear in mind a large or small boned frame will give her a varied look. She looks fairly big boned and strong!
Striking.
Training important - I use
www.successdogs.com on mine ... with good results.
Trng never stops either lol. abb2386d3e654c1c6b4ee1096217e44a.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived