Newbie saying Hi.

Czar

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the kind comments Chelseafan, Jo and Markie, Manny is settling in just fine, today we have covered 7.5 miles so far with one more walk to go. 

Question; this coming Sunday my partner is coming to visit with her bitch GSD which is quite protective of me, any advice on the best method to introduce the two ? 

The view I have as I set off on my walk, Cmon dad lets go. 

03F846E9-8119-41F2-B542-F23A7A11813D.jpeg

38A3A1EB-61E4-418F-A5A8-C48932866B0B.jpeg

On 11/16/2017 at 4:07 AM, Emma said:
26 minutes ago, Czar said:

Thank you for the kind comments Chelseafan, Jo and Markie, Manny is settling in just fine, today we have covered 7.5 miles so far with one more walk to go. 

Question; this coming Sunday my partner is coming to visit with her bitch GSD which is quite protective of me, any advice on the best method to introduce the two ? 

The view I have as I set off on my walk, Cmon dad lets go. 

03F846E9-8119-41F2-B542-F23A7A11813D.jpeg

38A3A1EB-61E4-418F-A5A8-C48932866B0B.jpeg

Great photos, I would definitely meet on neutral ground where you have not walked either of them if possible and let them get to know each other during a walk. Manny is adorable ❤️ I'm glad he is doing well so far. 

As above, neutral ground for any intro’s, great pics!
Husky’s play quite loudly it can often sound aggressive when it’s not, it’s best to read Manny’s body language, wasn’t sure if you’re aware of that.
Have s great day on Sunday and I hope they get become great friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Glad he's settling in ok , meet

In a neutral territory go for a nice long walk together , don't rush anything and make sure both dogs have a space away from each other once you are home should manny get too stressed or they get too hyper etc even two dogs who are happily playing together can kick off if they get too over excited

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

I’m not really sure where to start with this update, Manny is a fantastic loving dog he has settled in so well I’m quite amazed at how well he’s taken to me given his past. 

What I wasn’t expecting was my allergic respiratory reaction, itchy skin, eyes and the sneezing, now that Manny’s hair has settled in my home, ant-histamines haven’t worked, so today Sunday 3rd December, I have had to make that awful heart tugging upsetting decision to return Manny to the DogsTrust. 

Manny will still be with me for a few days until the DogsTrust tell me I can return him, until then I will do all I can to enjoy our very brief time together. 

Are you allergic to your friend's dog?? Just curious.
Also, since MANNY has been in kennels, if there are cats there, then cat dander & all the other mixed dogs and everything at the shelter could be causing allergies to flare up. Take TWO allergy pills. Also, hope you're not getting a sinus infection.
Maybe it was too much to have MANNY meet your friend's dog, on top of coming to your house, etc. That is major stress all at once.
Huskies are hard work but it's so worth it. Give MANNY a chance to settle in. And please do not get rid of MANNY. When you adopt a dog, it's supposed to be their "forever home." So you finally have MANNY in your arms...DO NOT GIVE UP!! Everything will work out fine. You just need to let MANNY adjust to you, your home, etc. (Baby steps...it will all work out for you & your new best friend!!)
[emoji313][emoji191][emoji169][emoji252][emoji92]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. YOU CAN DO THIS CZAR!! We are all here to help you!![emoji191][emoji16][emoji252]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Give him a bath please don't take him back. Call and cancel. Give him a bath with dog shampoo and conditioner. Then brush him out. He was probably never brushed at the kennel. That's not fair to him or you to give him back do to allergies. I have actually been diagnosed to be allergic to huskies but it would take hell and high water to get them away from me. Try taking an allergy pill. I'm not trying to sound mean but you just gave this husky hope and now your taking it away. You can do this [emoji178][emoji171][emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

@CZAR ~ A few more things to add: You've been fine spending all that time with MANNY at Dogs Trust and didn't have allergy problems at all.
You know, you signed a very important contract SIGNING your commitment with MANNY FOR LIFE!!
Now after all this... you're going to take him back because you suddenly have allergies?? (I just had a HORRIBLE NASAL SURGERY with 3 totally blocked sinus cavities, and the other 3 were almost 100% blocked! I'm recovering as I speak. I will take a zillion meds if I have too but NEVER get rid of my dogs!!)
Getting rid of a dog is horrible. People don't throw their kids away!
I am so heartbroken about MANNY, would give anything to adopt him myself, and give him the best life ever!!
After all this back & forth...
Here's what you should do:
TAKE MANNY BACK TO DOGS TRUST!! MANNY "DESERVES" SO MUCH BETTER WITH SOMEONE WHO IS NOT HEARTLESS. AND SOMEDAY, HE WILL FIND HIS "FOREVER FAMILY/PERSON" WHO LOVES MANNY UNCONDITIONALLY WITH EVERY BIT OF THEIR SOUL, GIVE MANNY ALL THEIR LOVE, IS GENTLE WITH HIM, GIVING HIM THE WORLD!! THAT'S WHAT MANNY DESERVES...THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!
(Sorry, don't believe your little excuse. Am I disappointed?? Heck YES I am, but most importantly, HEARTBROKEN FOR MANNY.) TOTALLY CRUSHED. TAKE MANNY BACK IMMEDIATELY.
********END OF STORY********

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. NO APOLOGY NEEDED BY ME!

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S.S. PRAYING FOR *MANNY*.[emoji120][emoji92]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Thank you all for your comments, it’s not been an easy decision, that said even the team at the DogsTrust agreed that I can’t live with an allergy, so it’s with a very heavy heart that today 4th December I have had to take Manny back to the DogsTrust, everyone involved is in total agreement, and Manny will find his forever home. 

Thank you one and all. 

that is not very nice Angie...when we are camping my relatives do not have a problem with their dog allergies...and best of it is that 1 of my relatives has a dog where he get no allergies from so explain that one...

Czar I'm sorry you've had to give him back , luckily the dogs trust are brilliant with their dogs and the support given before and after adoption , all the best with any future dogs you may decide to home n even if it's not a husky you're always welcome here for advice should u need it

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

@Robke ~ I'm glad you pointed this out to me and always appreciate invaluable criticism, which can only help improve me. We learn new things every day. (I gave my harsh comments deep thought.) So thank you ROB!
I guess I'm NOT nice some times, but only when I feel I have to speak my mind when stories out there get kind of crazy, like this one, and the roller coaster we were all on with someone reaching out to us and helping & supporting@CZAR, and then just BOOM... the unfortunate outcome. I just have too much passion about things I believe in (esp about dogs since I'm the biggest dog lover in the world)!!
So, I'll just "suspend" myself for awhile on Husky Owners since I've been so naughty.
But I truly apologize for being very harsh/mad about the things I said above to@CZAR, and it's really none of my business. He has to do what he's got to do. I apologize if I offended anyone. (From now on, I'll ignore stories like this bcuz it's too heartbreaking for me to have invested in and it just goes south.)
Please forgive me all of you... I'm very sad...I promise to do better in the future.
[emoji45][emoji171]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

So sorry Czar, I’m sure you are heartbroken and not taken the decision lightly, dogs trust will find Manny a new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived