Newbie saying Hi.

Czar

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I have an instagram and twitter for Nikko.  I just searched for husky and started following a bunch of people and they followed me back.  Right now I have like 670 followers on twitter and about 230 on instagram.

Update: last Thursday I spoke with the DogsTrust manager, he agreed to reserve Manny back to me, done deal, I was also asked to call the centre with my results of my filtration system so I did exactly that, the manager also told me that if the results were favourable then he would have no doubts at all and arrange a rebooking of Manny back to me. 

Saturday 9th December the manager was not in the centre, so I left a message on his answering machine asking for a call back, I also spoke to the receptionist and I was told a message would be on the system as a back up to my answering machine message. 

Yesterday 10th December I noticed Manny was back on the website no longer reserved and looking for a new home, hmmm. 

Today Monday 11th December still no call back, somewhat disappointed now, I’m begining to wonder if an internal decision has been decided against all I have done in order to welcome Manny back into my home and the lack of a return call (silence) is the news. 

I would like to think I’m reading too much into this, yet somehow I feel I’m not. 

Thank you all for your suggestions, I did indeed act upon your suggestions and called the centre, there has been a communication breakdown, Manny is once again showing as reserved on the website, I collect Manny this coming Thursday 14th December, I can now breath easy again and prepare for his return. 

Question; currently Manny is fed Wainwrights kibble, my partners GSD is raw fed, what’s the general consensus, raw or kibble ? 

Thank you all for your suggestions, I did indeed act upon your suggestions and called the centre, there has been a communication breakdown, Manny is once again showing as reserved on the website, I collect Manny this coming Thursday 14th December, I can now breath easy again and prepare for his return. 

Question; currently Manny is fed Wainwrights kibble, my partners GSD is raw fed, what’s the general consensus, raw or kibble ? 

They both are fine which ever one fits your life style really. Mine have both dinner is raw and lunch and breakfast are kibble. But if your patners GSD comes over and is getting feed raw your husky will want that. Just pick either one [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Mine are on a mix , their first meal (if they want it) is kibble , their dinner is meat , so really it's up to u , just never feed the 2 together and leave enough time between if u go down the route of both as they digest at different rates
Mine are on wainwright's too they get the low fat one

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Great news [emoji3][emoji3]
It’s down to personal preference, I’m a raw feeder but I fed kibble up until they were 5-6 months of age. I also use Nature’s menu mixer on top of raw, they also make raw prepared foods that are frozen.
Good luck [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Yey!! Glad you have him back home with you
I feed Amy Guru , its a cold pressed kibble made in UK she’s doing really well on it

Thank you all for your comments on the food front, it’s been a very long day so far, and yes Manny is now back in his forever home. 

That's great news!!! More pictures!!! And lots of fun adventures for you [emoji2][emoji2][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji191][emoji252][emoji191][emoji252]

• 2 weeks later...

Problem; since owning Manny I have noticed he never wags or carries his tail in anything other than dropped or arrow straight in line with his spine, he also will not let me touch his tail to groom it, furthermore, yesterday on a walk I had no choice but to pick Manny up to lift him over a field fence stile, as I picked him up he let out a very loud Yelp and did his very best to bite my hand which was under his tail supporting his hind legs, the upward movement of his tail beyond the line of his spine obviously was very painful for him, has anyone experienced anything similar ? 

Looks like a trip to the vets after Christmas. 

Merry Christmas to all who read this. 

I wonder if it could be limber tail syndrome, a disorder of the muscles in the tail, you’re doing the right thing with a vets appt, he must be in pain to try to bite your hand. I hope he’ll be ok.
Merry Xmas [emoji485]

Problem; since owning Manny I have noticed he never wags or carries his tail in anything other than dropped or arrow straight in line with his spine, he also will not let me touch his tail to groom it, furthermore, yesterday on a walk I had no choice but to pick Manny up to lift him over a field fence stile, as I picked him up he let out a very loud Yelp and did his very best to bite my hand which was under his tail supporting his hind legs, the upward movement of his tail beyond the line of his spine obviously was very painful for him, has anyone experienced anything similar ? 

Looks like a trip to the vets after Christmas. 

Merry Christmas to all who read this. 
Some huskies don't enjoy tail brushing at all but the fact he won't curl it over his spine means there is something wrong. Definitely take to the vet [emoji847]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Agree with the above, trip to vets, poor Manny [emoji17]
Other than his tail, hows he doing and are you keeping your allergies at bay?

Bindi had that until Alpha got here a year later and he pulled it during play ... the vet said she must have done something to her tail when young so that it would never stand up and Alpha must have pulled it straight there was an almighty yelp from her when he did it...

tails now all standing upright in the air when walking like a antenna searching...

I would have a chat with the vet just incase...

Thank you Chelseafan, Markie, Jo and Robke, what I have noticed today is when the wind blows his tail to almost upright while we are walking he doesn't complain, I will however be having Manny's tail checked by the vet as soon as, possible, I will keep everyone updated, until then, may we take this opportunity to wish all forum members a very Merry Christmas. 

image.jpeg

Archived