What's In Your Emergency Kit???

Do you have an emergency first aid kit for your Sibe? What's in it?

I have water and dog food (for three days), Bo's medications, bandages of various types and sizes, tape, peroxide, antibiotic ointment, a muzzle, lead, spare harness/collar, scissors, thermometer, rope, phone numbers of my vet and those of friends out of the area who've agreed to care for him if needed and copies of Bo's rabies certificate.

You may wonder why I ask....This past May, the town I work in (eight miles from my home) was devastated by a tornado. Over 300 homes and 25 businesses were destroyed in seconds. My family and I (along with hundreds of others) immediately went to assist where we could. I won't soon forget that day -- especially the memories of pet owners trying as best they could to assist their furry family members.

to be honest i have never really thought of an emergency kit we keep a water bottle some treats and a spare lead in the car but thats about it! We don't really get tornados over here just cold all the time lol but now you have mentioned it i might have a think about it and see what i could do!

i must admit im with Laura on this.. luckily its rare that we get weather like the USA and no where like as bad as you do. this post has made me think though...

i have an emergency first aid kit with a variety of stuff in.

By my front door i have extra leads (should they need to get out quickly and i cant get to the dogs cupboard).

In my walky belt i take the obvious ( poo bags treats ) and i also have a large bandage some gauze a small bottle of clean water and a pair of scissors....just in case the cut thier pads or something.

I also have spare money in there and never go out without my essential mobile phone lol

i always carry a back pack when walkin my two , as you can only fit so much in your pockets lol, i carry two foldable water bowls , two bottles of water, two spare collars and leads, two extendable leads, poo bags ,treats, change for the phone, a couple of pads and bandages , and i always have my mobile on me, and just realised readin this i dont carry anythin for me lol must remember to put a drink and a choc bar in later lmao