Does anyone know of this dog food?

Southshore

Hi! Hope all of you are well and your dogs are well. Can anyone tell me how good/bad is the "Josera" dog food brand? 

Also, how does it fair in comparison to Taste of the Wild and Royal Canine?

Thank you for taking out the time to go through my post. I hope you have a nice day!

• Like 1

I had to google josera as I’d not heard of it before but seems to be the fairly standard average type kibble.

Out of the three you’ve mentioned I’ve heard better things of taste of the wild although I think they did have some recall issues in America recently?

Grain free kibble is the better type as huskies (dogs in general) don’t digest corn etc very well.

There’s a website called dogfoodadvisor.com which I always recommend as it’s easy to use and has a lot of brands listed on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Like 2

I use Taste of the Wild :-) I know there where recalls on Blue Wilderness a few times.

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks. It was actually taste of the wild I was thinking of though although I’ve done some digging and seen it wasn’t actually recalled just a bit of a scare.......

Issues with feeding Taste of the Wild?

https://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/71751-Issues-with-feeding-Taste-of-the-Wild%3Fhttps://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/71751-Issues-with-feeding-Taste-of-the-Wild%3F

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
  • Like 1

Why would you give your dog kibble as a main food? Dogs should have meat, raw for preference. Most kibbles are full of fillers, cereals and really poor quality protein and not much of it. You wouldn’t give your children a bowl of dried food 3 times a day and expect them to be healthy would you? (I hope not!) if you really can’t manage raw then a good quality canned or pouch food without cereal/fillers and a decent protein & fat content is better. There’s a difference between manufacturers who make pet food to make money (Pedigree, Purina etc.) and those who have pet welfare at the heart of what they make. I wouldn’t use Royal Canin (if it’s on the vet’s shelf then it’s probably not worth buying) or any other kibble that’s got any sort of cereal in it, in fact I won’t use it full stop. I do have dehydrated raw meat which my dogs have always liked. This is a good guide for pet owners: http://www.littlebigcat.com/nutrition/why-dry-food-is-bad-for-cats-and-dogs/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Luna-tic said:

Why would you give your dog kibble as a main food? Dogs should have meat, raw for preference. Most kibbles are full of fillers, cereals and really poor quality protein and not much of it. You wouldn’t give your children a bowl of dried food 3 times a day and expect them to be healthy would you? (I hope not!) if you really can’t manage raw then a good quality canned or pouch food without cereal/fillers and a decent protein & fat content is better. There’s a difference between manufacturers who make pet food to make money (Pedigree, Purina etc.) and those who have pet welfare at the heart of what they make. I wouldn’t use Royal Canin (if it’s on the vet’s shelf then it’s probably not worth buying) or any other kibble that’s got any sort of cereal in it, in fact I won’t use it full stop. I do have dehydrated raw meat which my dogs have always liked. This is a good guide for pet owners: http://www.littlebigcat.com/nutrition/why-dry-food-is-bad-for-cats-and-dogs/

Maybe because some people do not want to feed raw... I feed mine Holistic and Natural pressed pellets and I do not want to feed raw....

• Like 4

Same as Rob, I have high quality cold pressed pellets and Amy is thriving on it, its a personal choice to feed raw or not its not for everybody. There is some rubbish out there but do some research and get the best you can afford

• Like 3

I do both they get raw at night and Taste of The Wild for breakfast and Lunch. They both work just fine. It's personal preference. Research as@Jo said but feeding good quality dog food is a way to go and I will say much simpler then feeding raw. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 3

On 11/5/2017 at 10:33 PM, Southshore said:

Hi! Hope all of you are well and your dogs are well. Can anyone tell me how good/bad is the "Josera" dog food brand? 

Also, how does it fair in comparison to Taste of the Wild and Royal Canine?

Thank you for taking out the time to go through my post. I hope you have a nice day!

Hi, Faraz,

We have Josera food where I live. People who buy it are satisfied with it. It has fair ratio price-quality here. We have problem here with importer (and we cannot order any food online) and there is time when you simply cannot buy it here. That is the main reason why I have never got it for Aris. Royal is way too expensive here  and Taste of the Wild is not on our market.

Best regards  

• Like 1

Thank you Aris for your kind reply! Are you a breeder by any chance?

Yes Josera I believe is only available in Europe. Thank you for informing me that it is a satisfactory dog food. 

If at all possible, can you please put me in touch with someone in your area who would have more knowledge about this brand and has been using it?

Thank you everyone for your gracious responses. May you and your pets stay blessed!

• Like 1

You are welcome Southshore :) I am not a breeder, I am first time dog owner.

I know personally only one person who feeds her dog (6 years old German Shepard) but she is an old lady who doesn-t speak English.

Here is Balkan canine forum http://balkankinology.net/forums/ , you can register and ask about Josera and other types of food you-ve mentioned.

Best regards   

• Like 2

Wet food is really bad for dogs teeth, I wouldn't favour that over kibble. And not all kibble has cereal in it, the one I feed my dogs doesn't it's 60% chicken 40% veg, and you can get kibble with a higher meat content such as Origen

• Like 1

Thank you soo much!!

On 10/11/2017 at 3:12 AM, Aris said:

You are welcome Southshore :) I am not a breeder, I am first time dog owner.

I know personally only one person who feeds her dog (6 years old German Shepard) but she is an old lady who doesn-t speak English.

Here is Balkan canine forum http://balkankinology.net/forums/ , you can register and ask about Josera and other types of food you-ve mentioned.

Best regards   

Thank you soo much!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe because some people do not want to feed raw... I feed mine Holistic and Natural pressed pellets and I do not want to feed raw....

I agree with you!

• Like 1

I don't think anyone should be criticised wether they choose to feed, raw or kibble. Its a personal choice for the owner and the dog. I feed my pup a mix of kibble, veg/fruit, eggs,meat/fish.. its just what I do and she's really doing great height/weight is good, nice strong pup! and I know people people who feed just kibble and their dogs are in perfect shape/condition too!!! ... I'm from the UK so maybe we dont have similar brands, but go for something with good meat/veg content and no grain/wheat/cereals! .. the current kibble I use is Arden Grange large puppy, it does contain maize but a smaller ammount.. I'm on a budget I dont have all the money the buy the best most expensive brand but I recently just found an online supplier who sells a brand called Burgess hypoallergenic sensitive Adult ( Brittish lamb and rice). Its got no grain/cereals or gluten ect and its got good content! :) and its only £26 a 12.5kg bag when it should be £40 :) ... have a look online you might be able to find supplier that sell cheaper :)

• Like 1

I don't think anyone should be criticised wether they choose to feed, raw or kibble. Its a personal choice for the owner and the dog. I feed my pup a mix of kibble, veg/fruit, eggs,meat/fish.. its just what I do and she's really doing great height/weight is good, nice strong pup! and I know people people who feed just kibble and their dogs are in perfect shape/condition too!!! ... I'm from the UK so maybe we dont have similar brands, but go for something with good meat/veg content and no grain/wheat/cereals! .. the current kibble I use is Arden Grange large puppy, it does contain maize but a smaller ammount.. I'm on a budget I dont have all the money the buy the best most expensive brand but I recently just found an online supplier who sells a brand called Burgess hypoallergenic sensitive Adult ( Brittish lamb and rice). Its got no grain/cereals or gluten ect and its got good content! [emoji4] and its only £26 a 12.5kg bag when it should be £40 [emoji4] ... have a look online you might be able to find supplier that sell cheaper [emoji4]

I used to feed my dogs Arden Grange, but now I feed them Canagan which is a lot better quality and doesn't have cereal in it. I feed them less in weight per day (the more protein the kibble has the less you have to feed them), so although it costs more per bag it's actually pretty much the same at price to feed per day. When I had just Astro a 12k bag would last me nearly 2 months

• Like 1

Yeah she's coming off Arden as soon as this new kibble arrives.. Arden was good I guess she had no problems but Burgess is alot better than Arden and I've found somewhere cheap so can easily afford it! :) ... I've had a look at Canagan where do you buy it from and how much for 12kg all I can find is 6kg for £30!! When I can get Burgess for £26 for 12kg

Yeah she's coming off Arden as soon as this new kibble arrives.. Arden was good I guess she had no problems but Burgess is alot better than Arden and I've found somewhere cheap so can easily afford it! [emoji4] ... I've had a look at Canagan where do you buy it from and how much for 12kg all I can find is 6kg for £30!! When I can get Burgess for £26 for 12kg

It is pricey, about £65 a bag, but a bag lasted me for nearly 2 months with one dog. I buy it from my local pet shop but you can get it online

1 hour ago, petertmartin said:

I have to say I've used http://www.petfoodreviews.com.au to find out more about dog foods and we feed Taste of the wild as it has one of the highest protein contents and little to no fillers.

I discovered that site after deciding on the Australian brand Meals for Mutts. Was quite a relief to see that they agree that it was high quality!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I only recently realized how important it is to feed your dog only quality food. A friend of mine recently bought a Gorshin Terrier, and everything was fine, but recently her dog named Troy started getting sick all the time. He had stomach and intestinal problems. A veterinarian acquaintance suggested reading an article about yorkies, and my friend realized that Troy's stomach problems were most likely caused by poor quality food. My friend then switched to Josera and the dog's condition improved dramatically. So Josera is very good for dogs.