Husky with big ears? Or a husky mix?

BordoRujlu

I apologize, I misread your previous post. I was in a hurry and was reading it fast. I thought you said you went back and was able to get him. If he gets away from there again, he may wander over to your farm for a visit because you treated him well.  But again, he is with his pack and it is all that he knows right now. If you do get him again, it would be important to continue to show him the kindness that you showed him before and a new bond may form with you and your pack. Don't give up hope. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 6 dogs all of them are rescued. I took 4 of them from streets 2 of them were rescued from Dog Fighters. 

I also had an rescued Husky which died a few months ago from old age and he never ever tried to escape, was so affectionate towards humans like this guy. 

None of the dogs i had including a 80 kg Akbash and German Shepherd tried to escape. However they broke the chains and wandered around the farm but they never had a thought of leaving. 

And other answer is yes the place where i got him has so many street dogs and other abandoned dogs 

I had a chance to go back and catch him again but I don’t have a harness at the moment so he would escape again. 

Everyone at the farm told me to let him be, If he was happy with us he wouldnt escape and wouldn’t go back to the place where he starved and abused. 

Though i will try my second luck but Is there any chance of him coming back to farm? 

And there are 2 type of harnesses. Which one do you recommend me to buy ? Has to be the hardest to escape.

When you get home which I would go ahead and do again. Catch and keep not let him go type thing. Get any one of those two harnesses make sure it fits properly not to snug and not to loose. [emoji4][emoji4] Huskies being pack animals is important he isn't use to you or your pack yet so it will take a little time. He went back because that's all he knows. He might come back to your farm but that's really unknown huskies Wonder. Sometimes I think they are in a little bubble always seeing right in front not listening to anything just running. [emoji4][emoji4] I wouldn't give up hope 🤗🤗 A kennel is a priority so he has a place to call his own once you catch him. Keep being the kind and caring [emoji177][emoji179][emoji179][emoji813]️[emoji813]️[emoji171][emoji171][emoji191][emoji252] German Shepherds are my second favorite dog of choice [emoji6][emoji6] oh ok more thing older husky won't leave their owners at all usually that's about the age they finally slow down and listen lol just kidding but it is rare for an older husky to take off [emoji4]🤗🤗🤗

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

They'll slip out of a step in harness like that , have a look at a semi-slip collar or a harness like Indi-dog's houdini harness
Huskies are notorious escape artists Wether u have the strongest bond in the world he still has that desire to run and if that's all he's know he might just have not liked being tied up , u need somewhere more secure to keep him at least until he's realised you're here to help him n look after him , can u not keep him indoors n only have him outside for walks

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Even age won't stop a husky escaping unless they're so old/stiff they are just slowed down a bit

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder how this person has got on with recatching the dog? I like a happy ending lol, but it's been a while and they haven't come back to update us. I'm hoping she/he managed it because there can be no greater joy than giving a dog a home and watching them grow into a dog that's secure and happy. Let's hope this is happening for this dog too.

I have 6 dogs all of them are rescued. I took 4 of them from streets 2 of them were rescued from Dog Fighters. 

I also had an rescued Husky which died a few months ago from old age and he never ever tried to escape, was so affectionate towards humans like this guy. 

None of the dogs i had including a 80 kg Akbash and German Shepherd tried to escape. However they broke the chains and wandered around the farm but they never had a thought of leaving. 

And other answer is yes the place where i got him has so many street dogs and other abandoned dogs 

I had a chance to go back and catch him again but I don’t have a harness at the moment so he would escape again. 

Everyone at the farm told me to let him be, If he was happy with us he wouldnt escape and wouldn’t go back to the place where he starved and abused. 

Though i will try my second luck but Is there any chance of him coming back to farm? 

And there are 2 type of harnesses. Which one do you recommend me to buy ? Has to be the hardest to escape.

With huskies it's got nothing to do with whether they are happy or not whether they escape. They are natural escape artists and have a strong instinct to just run!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 years later...

Archived