Husky with big ears? Or a husky mix?

BordoRujlu

Hello everyone, I am new to the website. Nice to meet you ^^

I have a question. I found an abandoned dog on the street which has got multicoloured eyes, Husky like coat and body shape but big ears and small snout. 

He was beaten up by people and starving so I decided to adopt him and brought him to my farm. 

The thing is he has got massive, bat like ears! I am not sure if he is pure breed or not. (Doesn’t matter if he is mixed breed) I am so curious about your opinions.

Heres some pics of him:

C7E5E588-2267-4D4A-89A3-86B39F8F6961.thumb.jpeg.eefedcce4f21cb50719a6b815af1e127.jpeg25C5A236-AA7F-42DB-902B-89A07B796F18.thumb.jpeg.3f2379f2cec7c0c23269d46e9cda6e68.jpeg45EECFF7-8358-4C9E-A496-38B89FAFD811.thumb.jpeg.3464af054a9e8c5430feab198edae4e6.jpeg128D7FA0-8CF4-460D-B778-F9FBC4A3D872.thumb.jpeg.0e7cd4a8d7fb1f26ef662c748514ff9e.jpeg985D7EA2-E544-42E2-AAB9-11B1946718E3.thumb.jpeg.09d69ac2566b2f9b73f17f8586628b5b.jpeg76DBC53C-827C-422A-83C8-326277840FC2.thumb.jpeg.e7fba919379c60147b4aeae23bcd6c8e.jpeg

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s gorgeous! Well done for rescuing him [emoji4]
He may just be quite young, huskies have to ‘grow’ into their ears! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

He's GORGEOUS!! I almost see Great Dane ears...but only in those big beautiful ears!! I would definitely have a Vet check him out to ensure he's not hurt and just a good checkup for heartworm test, other worms/parasites etc. You are a SAVIOR to this BEAUTY!!!
[emoji170][emoji252]🤗[emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

It’s true that all huskies go through a bat ears stage but I also agree with Nix too that possibly theres a mix there.

For me it’s not the size of the ears but the shape, the way they curve sharply on the outer rim at the top. [emoji848]

So you found him on the street and took him in. You said he was beaten up and starving. You decided to adopt him. Then he escaped from you and returned to the place where you rescued him. Did they know you had him? Did you adopt/rescue him from them with their consent or did you just find him in the street and take him in not knowing where he belongs? Because if you had consent, you can get him back. Either way it is hard to get attached to an animal and then have them leave your life like that. For that I am very sorry. 💔

Oh my gosh no!! Please do everything you can to get him back ... then try to never let him escape again.
Deeply praying for you![emoji120][emoji252][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. In the photos you originally sent, attached to his collar, is that a chain or cable attached to his neck?? Just curious. Good luck to you.

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

So you found him on the street and took him in. You said he was beaten up and starving. You decided to adopt him. Then he escaped from you and returned to the place where you rescued him. Did they know you had him? Did you adopt/rescue him from them with their consent or did you just find him in the street and take him in not knowing where he belongs? Because if you had consent, you can get him back. Either way it is hard to get attached to an animal and then have them leave your life like that. For that I am very sorry. [emoji174]

If you have the adoption paper work you should be able to get him back. It has the rescue and stuff on it, how much you paid for him, @Huskys At Play questions are the same as my own. I am sorry you lost him [emoji252][emoji252] The questions asked sparked my curiosity [emoji191][emoji191]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

2 hours ago, Huskys At Play said:

So you found him on the street and took him in. You said he was beaten up and starving. You decided to adopt him. Then he escaped from you and returned to the place where you rescued him. Did they know you had him? Did you adopt/rescue him from them with their consent or did you just find him in the street and take him in not knowing where he belongs? Because if you had consent, you can get him back. Either way it is hard to get attached to an animal and then have them leave your life like that. For that I am very sorry. 💔

Yeah I found him on the street. A woman staff in the supermarket told me that he was abandoned by its owners a week ago. He was beaten by other dogs and humans. I have seen kids kicking him in front of my eyes. So she got so excited when she heard i was going to take him to our farm. We caught him and I put a collar and leash on him and had to chain him in our backyard. He got so happy even marked his territory. He had so much food...

we were waiting for vet to come. He some how got away at friday midnight and walk 4 km back where we took him. I couldn’t believe in my eyes when i saw him back there! That woman asked me why we abandoned him but the thing is he got away from the collar. 

I am going to buy him a leash (the one you put on their chest) so he cant escape again  

52 minutes ago, Markie said:

If you have the adoption paper work you should be able to get him back. It has the rescue and stuff on it, how much you paid for him, @Huskys At Play questions are the same as my own. I am sorry you lost him emoji252.pngemoji252.png The questions asked sparked my curiosity emoji191.pngemoji191.png

In my country we dont have adoption papers and stuffs. You dont need those to have a pet. Sadly pets dont have a value here. 

I just cant believe this. I loved him so much and bought him so many treats. Why did he leave me? :(

I hope I will be able catch him this week, but if he get away again then Its his choice 😔

2 hours ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

Oh my gosh no!! Please do everything you can to get him back ... then try to never let him escape again.
Deeply praying for you!emoji120.pngemoji252.pngemoji274.png

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. In the photos you originally sent, attached to his collar, is that a chain or cable attached to his neck?? Just curious. Good luck to you.

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

It was a rope, then we used a chain. But he took collar out some how. Its the third time he did but we never thought he would leave us walk 5 km back to that street..

Thanks I cried my eyes out :’( That woman promised me that she will take care of him till i come back. 

Please dont think he abandoned you, its the husky thing to escape and run no matter how good a home they have! Hope you get him back safe and get to keep him

Oh that’s such bad luck but I think in some cases dogs are like children, they may be treated badly but they are still attached to where they live. When removed from what’s familiar they are scared because new is unknown and they aren’t able to understand that it can be much better. It takes time and a lot of love, he’s had the love but not enough time to understand that it’s better too. You say you chained him up, I can fully understand why but may be he didn’t? Maybe he felt that it was just like where he’s lived before? If you can recapture him you just need to reinforce that he’s loved now, it won’t happen overnight, he needs to learn to trust you. I’m sure he’ll get there. I’ve had my rehome 2 months now, she’s nowhere near settled with us yet and I expect to have to keep reinforcing in as many ways as I can that this is her new home, that she’s safe here and that she won’t be beaten which I’m pretty sure she was in her old home. She has separation anxiety which we're working on, she is not very affectionate which saddens me but she may become more so when she’s learnt to trust us. I wish you all the luck in the world because I think you’ve tried to do an amazing thing by taking in a dog whose life clearly wasn’t the best and showering him with love. He may not appreciate yet but give him time and I’m sure he will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huskies are great at escaping. A fenced in yard with a cement/concrete border around the bottom is ideal so they don't dig their way under it. I am sorry you are going through this. It is heartbreaking to hear about any animal being mistreated💔. You are very kind to be trying so hard to make a better life for this husky. I have a lot of respect for those that have it in them to do as you have done. I have a couple questions, did the other home have other dogs? Do you have other dogs? 

Okay so it's not your fault he escaped or anything huskies are Houdini's at getting out of things. They will always go back to places they know rather it's good for them or not but it isn't your fault. Something I would recommend after catching him again is buy a kennel and keep him inside tell you have a fenced in back yard with cement of stone blocks around it [emoji4][emoji4] I didn't realize not all countries have that I'm sorry... A harness is a very good idea and a leash also good idea [emoji4] You can do this once your bond with him is good and strong he won't try to escape as much. They are very loyal independent dogs huskies are. Try to stay calm. [emoji252][emoji252][emoji191][emoji191][emoji179]

I have 6 dogs all of them are rescued. I took 4 of them from streets 2 of them were rescued from Dog Fighters. 

I also had an rescued Husky which died a few months ago from old age and he never ever tried to escape, was so affectionate towards humans like this guy. 

None of the dogs i had including a 80 kg Akbash and German Shepherd tried to escape. However they broke the chains and wandered around the farm but they never had a thought of leaving. 

And other answer is yes the place where i got him has so many street dogs and other abandoned dogs 

I had a chance to go back and catch him again but I don’t have a harness at the moment so he would escape again. 

Everyone at the farm told me to let him be, If he was happy with us he wouldnt escape and wouldn’t go back to the place where he starved and abused. 

Though i will try my second luck but Is there any chance of him coming back to farm? 

And there are 2 type of harnesses. Which one do you recommend me to buy ? Has to be the hardest to escape.

19 minutes ago, BordoRujlu said:

Can he take this one out? 557FFB0F-4172-4D72-9296-002E91F12E28.jpeg.4b709c7fa7980d5947bdc1aaea9b1edd.jpeg

Just make sure it is snug but does not restrict his movements. The  reason I asked about other dogs is because they are pack animals. I was wondering if he had a pack he was running back to. It is good that you have a new pack for him to bond with. I am glad you got him back. Keep him safe while he bonds with the other dogs. He will be calling it home before you know it. In the meanwhile, consider a fence or kennel if you have the means to do so. 

Archived