Unnamed Puppy

Paradox

Hi all, 

First I would like to say thanks for providing so much unbiased information. I have already found the advice invaluable. 

Figured as I was lurking so much I would say hello and spam you all with photos ( I think my friends are beyond sick of receiving daily photos :lol:). 

Long story short this little guy is living with me for an undecided amount of time. He was dropped off a week ago. From what I can gather he was flown down from an as yet unknown breeder with no papers, around 7 weeks old.  I do have his microchip number ( yet to verify ) and his first vaccination details. He is booked in with a vet late next week.

He has spent the last two weeks jumping between several owners. He will be with me until he has been completely vaccinated and then off to my partners backyard with his four year old husky ( all going to plan! ) 

I am brand new to the Husky world, brand new to the pet dog world. I am much more familiar with outside working dogs and horses. However I am loving everything about the breed so far. He pick things up incredibly quickly and super laid back ( something I wasn't expecting ). I sound like a proud blind sighted parents when I talk about how clever he is but I figure that is normal ;)

Everything we have introduced him to he has picked up with ease. Hardly any accidents inside, sits and waits ( before crossings, food so on ) walks like a trooper on a lead. Only chews when he is being ignored ( easily distracted by his chew toys ). Eats and drinks perfectly. Considering how disrupted the start of his life was he is incredibly laid back. 

If anyone has any name suggestions please, please let me know. We are going crazy trying to decide. The short list consists of 

- Loki

- Luca

- Major

- Kai

- Flynn

- Jett

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_9423.JPG

IMG_9474.JPG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all, 

First I would like to say thanks for providing so much unbiased information. I have already found the advice invaluable. 

Figured as I was lurking so much I would say hello and spam you all with photos ( I think my friends are beyond sick of receiving daily photos [emoji38]). 

Long story short this little guy is living with me for an undecided amount of time. He was dropped off a week ago. From what I can gather he was flown down from an as yet unknown breeder with no papers, around 7 weeks old.  I do have his microchip number ( yet to verify ) and his first vaccination details. He is booked in with a vet late next week.

He has spent the last two weeks jumping between several owners. He will be with me until he has been completely vaccinated and then off to my partners backyard with his four year old husky ( all going to plan! ) 

I am brand new to the Husky world, brand new to the pet dog world. I am much more familiar with outside working dogs and horses. However I am loving everything about the breed so far. He pick things up incredibly quickly and super laid back ( something I wasn't expecting ). I sound like a proud blind sighted parents when I talk about how clever he is but I figure that is normal [emoji6]. 
Everything we have introduced him to he has picked up with ease. Hardly any accidents inside, sits and waits ( before crossings, food so on ) walks like a trooper on a lead. Only chews when he is being ignored ( easily distracted by his chew toys ). Eats and drinks perfectly. Considering how disrupted the start of his life was he is incredibly laid back. 

If anyone has any name suggestions please, please let me know. We are going crazy trying to decide. The short list consists of 
- Loki
- Luca
- Major
- Kai
- Flynn
- Jett

59f542eb836c7_FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.b5a14b177c9ba77cc33d18b5f42790fb.jpg
FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.1d5df93bc3bf03083bc0abd049aea73b.jpg
IMG_9423.thumb.JPG.81410c7e6759ea948e748e2c3c0848aa.JPG
IMG_9474.thumb.JPG.c07b162e84e62895d4ae05d19b55219b.JPG
I love wittle huskies.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Why not put the names in a bag and pick one out? Thats what we did as kids when Mother Puss had kittens ( twice a year!!!) [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Hi all, 

Figured as I was lurking so much I would say hello and spam you all with photos ( I think my friends are beyond sick of receiving daily photos [emoji38]). 

I am brand new to the Husky world, brand new to the pet dog world. I am much more familiar with outside working dogs and horses. However I am loving everything about the breed so far. He pick things up incredibly quickly and super laid back ( something I wasn't expecting ). I sound like a proud blind sighted parents when I talk about how clever he is but I figure that is normal [emoji6]. 

- Loki
- Luca
- Major
- Kai
- Flynn
- Jett

59f542eb836c7_FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.b5a14b177c9ba77cc33d18b5f42790fb.jpg
FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.1d5df93bc3bf03083bc0abd049aea73b.jpg
IMG_9423.thumb.JPG.81410c7e6759ea948e748e2c3c0848aa.JPG
IMG_9474.thumb.JPG.c07b162e84e62895d4ae05d19b55219b.JPG

WELCOME he is super cute!!! [emoji3] I like Major as a name it's different [emoji3][emoji4][emoji4] Huskies like to surprise people with how well be haves they are (sometimes) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Oh and we love photos on this forum everyone here obviously has huskies so see other huskies usually makes us want more (at least for me it does) hahaha [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Wow! 

Hi all! Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I will try to get around to everyone! Puppy is currently parading past me with every item he knows he shouldn't have in his mouth in an attempt to get my attention. 

No he shouldn't have been at the river. 

He is absolutely a water puppy! I was in the habit of turning the shower on to warm up while I made breakfast or brushed my teeth. If I left the door open I would always find puppy playing in the stream -_- made his first wash super easy! 

I am glad you guys like photos, I love taking them ( way too many ) I think he got the sit and wait command down so quickly just because of the amount of photos I take :lol:

I hadn't thought of River! Bandit was one we tried too, however kept shortening it to Ban ( We are Australian, have a super bad habit of shortening names ). 

We need to decide on one soon, I can just see him responding to Puppy or Oye shortly. We did try pulling names out of a hat ... we said no to the first one and the rest is history :P

Here's 2 names that are Hawaiian. You already have one on your list:
*KAIMANA* (means DIAMOND). My Dad has another dog (17-yr old Samoyed) & we call him "KAI" for short.
*KANANI* (means The PRETTY ONE). We had named our German Shepherd of 15years KANANI.
*STAR* (Love that name)
*ACE*(Love this too)
*ARABIA* (Love this one)
*KING* (Love the Royal name)
*RIVER* (You know I love this one)

Have fun naming your beautiful baby!!
[emoji252][emoji274][emoji170][emoji16]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. I also love *SLATE* like dark gray!!🤗

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Archived