Peeing on the Carpet

Sometimes, but lately not so much with the peeing thing

Sent from my SM-T350 using Husky Owners mobile app

I was wondering if it was like her marking with her being in a new area but if she's allowed access I'm not sure , is she peeing more often then normal at all?

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

I was wondering if it was like her marking with her being in a new area but if she's allowed access I'm not sure , is she peeing more often then normal at all?

We spayed her two months or so ago and no, she pees normally

• Like 1

We spayed her two months or so ago and no, she pees normally

Spaying won't always stop certain behaviour so marking could still be an issue , if she's only doing when she goes upstairs I'd either restrict her access or start training her again like she's a puppy when she is upstairs , take her out every hour n straight after sleeping playing etc

• Like 3

Spaying won't always stop certain behaviour so marking could still be an issue , if she's only doing when she goes upstairs I'd either restrict her access or start training her again like she's a puppy when she is upstairs , take her out every hour n straight after sleeping playing etc

I'll try to retrain her then, thanks!!!

• Like 1

A couple other things I would suggest.  Are you using special cleaner to get rid of the scent?  Even though you might not smell it she might be able to and will continue peeing in the same spot.  It can also be the teenage rebellion.  I think some training will work along with making sure its completely cleaned with a good cleaner.  

• Like 3

A couple other things I would suggest.  Are you using special cleaner to get rid of the scent?  Even though you might not smell it she might be able to and will continue peeing in the same spot.  It can also be the teenage rebellion.  I think some training will work along with making sure its completely cleaned with a good cleaner.  

We bought a cleaner that we're planning on using tomorrow.

• Like 1

We've been really lucky with Amy. Got her as rescue at 9 mths and she was house trained, we've had no accidents in house and she has never asked to go out in the night in fact she doesn't rush to go out in the morning either - just takes her time and sometimes doesnt pee til shes out on her walk!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Like 1

We've been really lucky with Amy. Got her as rescue at 9 mths and she was house trained, we've had no accidents in house and she has never asked to go out in the night in fact she doesn't rush to go out in the morning either - just takes her time and sometimes doesnt pee til shes out on her walk!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Luna was 3 months when we got her and she wasn't trained at all. She's very smart though so she's quickly learning. I just hope she stops peeing the carpet soon xD

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I think that you need floor and carpet restoration, there isn't another way you could get the smell out of them. Either change the carpets, but this is quite expensive!  I love dogs, I own 3. But common, these animals deserve to live in the garden, not in the house. In my opinion, huskies are dogs who can carry sledges; they need freedom. When I got my first dog, I lived in an apartment. When I saw how much he liked going outside and how much he was suffering in the apartment, I moved into a house.

41 minutes ago, Grekalis said:

I love dogs, I own 3. But common, these animals deserve to live in the garden not in the house.

sorry disagree with you there...mine live in the house not in the garden ...

• Like 1

I have had between 2 and 3 dogs at a time for the last 30 odd years  -  they have all lived in the house - never had accidents unless they were either very young or very old  (the same as humans - and we dont make them live in the garden).

You should consult a veterinarian for advice, as these may be health issues. This would be normal if your dog was about three or four months old, but dogs can't behave like this at nine months old. When my bull terrier was a year old, he also began to peeing, although he had not had such problems before. So I had to call three times a week the https://niftycleaningservices.com.au/upholstery-carpet-steam-cleaning-tasmania/ that they were cleaning the carpets of his urine. This went on for a month, and there was no change. Then I still decided to consult with a veterinarian. After the examination, it turned out that my dog has kidney problems.