Secret Santa

Jay

It's that time of year again!  Last year we were a tad late and didn't have enough participants so we will try again this year.  Anyone interested in participating in our Secret Santa gift exchange please comment below.  This is how it works:

The spending amount is $15 USD (or approximately £10). 

Use a shipping service with tracking information (like FedEx, UPS, etc)

Add your name below if you are interested, along with what regions you want to exchange with.  The options are:

UK only

US only

North American only (US, Canada, Mexico)

Anywhere

In the past we asked that only people who have joined after a certain date be able to participate.  I will not make that requirement this year, but you MUST be committed and be an active member.  If we end up getting people who do not get any gifts, we will no longer put this together.   Since we are sending gifts and spending money we want to make sure everyone gets a gift.

Post a reply and add your name and location to this post.  I will accept names until the end of October.  After I have a list of people who will be participating, I will post another topic to ask everyone what their likes/dislikes are.  For example, if you would prefer gifts for yourself or your dogs, and if your dogs are allergic or don't like a certain product (such as rawhide, grain free, etc.)

I will then message everyone for their address and I will be matching the members with their Secret Santa, and sending everyone a message with their secret santa.  Please remember this is SECRET so don't announce who you have. 

Once you have been matched, you are free to purchase your gifts and send them whenever you want.  I would suggest to try to make it anonymous.  How you work that out is up to you.  You can purchase from a store and have it delivered right to the person, you can send it yourself, or however you want.  Just make sure it gets there in time for Christmas.  We will add a topic to announce when you have shipped it (again, not saying WHO it is for!) so we can keep track.  Then, on Christmas Eve, everyone can open their gifts and post pics and/or videos here to show everyone what you received and who it was from!

If you have any questions, please send me a message, or ask on here.  Thanks!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maz51 said:

Do we have to choose and purchase a gift or will it be done from one point? I'll do UK only. 🤗

Sent from my SM-G930F using Husky Owners mobile app

nope its just like normal gift shopping apart from  who ever you are matched with may say  dog gifts. or human gifts only or say no rawhide for the woofs. Only other thing is if your sending abroad you may have to watch dog treats as you could have them seized by funny import laws

On 10/14/2017 at 5:50 AM, Maz51 said:

Do we have to choose and purchase a gift or will it be done from one point? I'll do UK only. 🤗

Sent from my SM-G930F using Husky Owners mobile app

Once everyone is matched with a secret santa participant, you will get a message from me telling you who you have been matched up with.  The only suggestions is whether that person would prefer a gift for themselves, their dog, and if it is for the dog, what kind of treats/toys are off limits (such as rawhide, string toys, etc.)  That info will be in a separate post that you would be able to view.  Then you will go purchase the gift and send it to the person, whose address will also be messaged to you.  You can elect to ship it yourself, or if you purchase an item from a store, you can have them ship it directly to the person.  

If you have any further questions please let me know. 

As I said in the earlier post I will make dehydrated dog chew treats  (chicken breast, lambs liver and lambs heart)  -  but it must be UK only so as not to offend any international laws.     Just do not feed the liver too much at a time !

On 16/10/2017 at 5:50 PM, chelseafan said:

Will we be sharing the £10 for people with more than one fur baby or £10 per dog?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Last time we had this i walked around a few stores and got a  two dog toys, a glowing collar thing, some salmon treats, and added a pile of poop bags (lol they come in handy but I did not want to use packing beads so they were usefull and took up space) as packing (I did think about using husky fur.... really i did lol...  I can not be the only huskie owner that has thought about it when they packing a box) If i remember the most exspensive part was the postage charge 1st class parcel post

I will put you as anywhere, because I do not believe anyone from Russia or UAE is active to my knowledge, and if they are I haven't seen any of them put their names in.

On 10/19/2017 at 4:26 AM, DanUK said:

I’m in worldwide excluding (Russia, UAE) as shipping to them is a pain. So exciting emoji847.png

Awe bummer!  But I understand, Ill take your name off the list.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:52 AM, Rachael_Astro said:

I'm going to have to pull out sorry guys!

Did you want to join in?  You can elect to only exchange with US or North America too.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:16 PM, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

I think this is awesome you all do this!! You all are a wonderful bunch of people!!!emoji171.png

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

So far I have 9 participants (10 including me).  C'mon guys, we just have another week before I have to start matching people up.  Where are my USA peeps at???

Archived