hstavenger

Hello! I already posted in the Health section yesterday and some people offer us some great advice. But I suppose I should officially introduce us!

My name is Hayley, my husband (Caleb) and our son (Rohan) live up in the blue mountains in Oregon in the United States. We also have two cats named Baelish and Varys. We have talked about adopting a dog since last winter when we bought our house with a HUGE yard and a doggy door already installed. We have been checking local animal shelter listings looking for either a husky or a lab, and last Tuesday we saw Drogo in our local shelter, went and met him and decided to bring him home!

What we know about the first approximately three years of his life is very little. He was found starving and dirty tied to a tree. He waited for owners to find him for a month before being put up for adoption and howled for most of it. He has a lot of separation anxiety and has been fairly sick since coming home, but we are nearly 24 hours sick free and got him to eat rice and chicken last night! He isn't shy about water and has stayed hydrated.

We are really impressed with him already. He knows a few basic commands and is great with kids. He walks with me to take my son to school and pick him up and we've started letting kids pet him, he loves the attention! He even gets on well with one of our cats, they lay next to each and touch noses and sniff each other, the other cat wants nothing to do with them. Though both cats have a kitty door installed going up to the loft area so they have a large safe space he can't get to.

I'm excited to see what his personality is like as he starts to feel more at home and gain back the weight he lost!

IMG_0264.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a beautiful furkid and you're both so lucky to have found each other. This forum is awesome....in help, advice and just making good friends!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived