Keera has started her 1st season???

my1sthusky

Just be there for her, my pup had her first season about 2 months ago and got really needy, she kept herself clean but bled for 3 weeks so be prepared to have a set of bed sheets ruined, I've kept them for next time!
Also can't emphasize enough how careful to be on walks. Ghost saw males off, she wasn't interested at all, but you just have to stay so alert, in your own garden as well.

Be patient with her, she may have mood swings and might be stroppy, literally the same as a human period haha!

Doggy nappies are good.... but Ghost didn't use them, if you use them all the time they won't learn to clean themselves properly. We used one when she was literally dripping on the floor for 10 minutes then took it off again.
Have fun with your growing girl!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Husky Owners mobile app

Keep her a away from males , give her a full month b4 she's around males again to make sure she's fully out of season, around week 2-3 the bleeding will stop but she's still in season and at her most receptive so she might be more prone to trying to escape to find a mate

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Be prepared to mop alot!!! I cant say if Amy got moody or changed at all as she came into her 1st season 3 days after we picked her up from the rescue kennels so we didnt really know her. Shes now spade

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I don't know what I'd do. Of course help her. We've always had our girls spade before that happened. Good luck with your sweet baby.[emoji178]

~ANGIE

Soo my friends has 1 of her sisters (same age) took her to the vet to try and get her spayed, the vet said they won't do it untill atleast after her 1st season in heat as it is not good for the dog???

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

There are mixed views on if/ when to spay, some say let them have a season so they are fully developed and have had all the growth hormones, some vets will spay before the 1st season, I do wonder if this has to do with trying to reduce the amount of unwanted pregnancies when there are so many dogs in rescue centres

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

You're probably right. My ALINAH was 8mths when we rescued/ adopted her 2mths ago from the county shelter & just spayed by them. (Our German Shepherd years ago was spayed at 6mths & lived to be 15yrs old with no health problems.)
So I do think there's diff opinions. Some of the dog shows on Animal Planet do the surgeries at 12wks (never would I do that).

~ANGIE

P.S. I kind of agree to let them have their 1st season & fully develop.

~ANGIE

Archived