Help

Zackla

My little "Maya" 1 month old and her eyes color still awkward i don't know how to determine the definitive color she has eyes brown but with a little blue outside. I hope she ended with blue eyes or hetercolores like her parents.  My question is : could the eyes color change from brown or darker to blue ? And if yes, when that could happen ? Thanks advanced

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sadly I hoped that she got blues eyes. There isn't any chance to get blues ??

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Husky Owners
No she's now in my home i bring her sooner

I wouldn't like to say for definite , can u get any pics off the breeder?

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

ZACKLA~ Aww, please do not be sad/ disappointed that her eyes may be changing to brown. (There's no way to make them blue again if they're turning brown.) She's absolutely PRECIOUS & STUNNING! (My ARMANI has almost wolf colored eyes of beautiful brown that look amber/ orange/ red at times; they are gorgeous! I picked him out bcuz of brown eyes. My 2nd Husky ALINAH has one blue/one brown, gorgeous)!
*Question 1) Do you know how to take care of a 4-week old?? I sure don't but know it's extremely delicate. Honestly, she really needs to be with her Mama for mother's milk, nursing, proper behavior & training until Mama weens her. You will be much more appreciative that Mama did her part with your girl. Is there any way she can go back to breeder Mama for another 4-weeks to be properly cared for??
*Question 2) It almost appears your baby girl could be male (can't quite tell from the picture)??
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!
[emoji252]🤗[emoji191][emoji178]

~ANGIE

I can't give it again to the breeder he's very very far from and also I can't now because I love her so much also taking care of a baby husky it's extremely hard but I do all my best i woke up in the middle of the night if I feel she not okay i guess her eyes are very weird maybe dark blue or brow with a little blue

ZACKLA~ That's true. I wouldn't be able to take her back either falling for your sweet baby girl!
I'm sure you are doing great caring for her.
*I would probably by a book or get on Internet to view "How To Care for 4-Week Husky" for great caring tips. Also, my Vet told me Baby Wipes are great for cleaning puppies' up when they get dirty. *Their feeding schedule (so so IMPORTANT) from a mommy Husky may be very FREQUENT & thru the NIGHT TIME as well; maybe every 2hours or so?? I don't know if you use some special type of important milk formula (w/proper nutrients/protein) in a bottle since puppy food is too hard for them at that age??
*Also, plenty of water.
*Small teething toys for her puppy teeth coming in (but check on that bcuz she could choke). When she's around 4months, she'll need bigger teething toys for adult teeth coming through. Since she's so young, watch out for choking hazards & supervise at all times. Puppies pick up everything & can choke easily.
*Lots of love of course.
*I would not take puppy for any long walks at all. They say for walking is (5 MINUTES per EVERY MONTH OF AGE). So your puppy should not be walked hardly at all & not more than 5minutes due to only being 1month.
*Potty Training: Always call your puppy by her name and say, "Puppy, go potty," and take her outside frequently. Since she's so young, there will be plenty of accidents so don't scold her but keep taking her outside for potty training. She'll catch on in awhile. Also, she'll have a lot of runny stools being young so ensure she doesn't get dehydrated.
*She'll need plenty of nappies throughout the day since she is growing daily.
*Don't forget the series of puppy deworming shots. I think they get first set of shots at 2-weeks old (but I'm not certain on that so call your Vet)??
*The STAFF here at Husky Owners is AWESOME!! Please ask them anything & PLENTY of QUESTIONS on raising your very young sweet girl. Bcuz I sure don't know how to raise a 1-month old.
*Don't forget to name your beautiful princess!
*Are you NEW to Husky Owners?? Because the great staff will send you warm welcomes!
[emoji251]🤗[emoji178]

~ANGIE

P.S. Her eyes will be beautiful no matter what color they turn out to be.🤗

~ANGIE

You did an awesome work thanks from the button of my heart I appreciate what you did I'm very thankful I will do all the instructions you gave me I did already some of them you drive to fall in love with my pupy more and more by you sentences.
P.S: my pupy's name is "Maya"
And if you can give me another way to speak with you faster.
[emoji1374][emoji1374]

ZACKLA & MAYA~ First, I love that you named her MAYA, beautiful name!!
Just remember, I'm no expert on puppies 4-wk olds. I've only had 8week olds & ALINAH we just adopted at 8months. The staff here are the true experts & have vast knowledge. Some of them are:@Marc (I forget Marc's wife's name at the moment)@Robke@Emma
@BingBlaze n Skyla
Or you can ask them questions in whatever category, i.e., training or food & nutrition, etc., and alot of them will get back to you helping with questions, etc.
I truly LOVE Husky Owners Forum, everyone is so dang sweet, love everyone's Huskies, & all the great info/tips in the subtitles they have provided. There are folks all over the world that belong to this site (so cool)!
I live in the USA & don't know if I have international calling with my cell service but can check.
Also, if you are new here, you should officially introduce yourself & MAYA in the Introduction section. You truly will get a warm welcome!
I'll talk to you & MAYA soon ok?[emoji178]

~ANGIE

ZACKLA & MAYA~
Go to BROWSE, then click on MEMBERS, then click on INTRODUCTIONS to post an introduction msg about you & your precious baby.🤗

~ANGIE

@Robke
Sorry I added your name to ZACKLA's thread LOL. I know you're pretty knowledgeable like the rest of the staff. I tried to give ZACKLA some helpful tips with new 1-month puppy MAYA. I'd be scared to have a 4-wk old & would worry about everything cuz I have General Anxiety. I thought I'd give tips of what I'd do & thinking of how I would care for a pup so very young. But Robke, you're always so helpful & knowledgeable to everyone ... you've helped me before & I'm grateful!🤗

~ANGIE

Oh she is gorgeous! Very young to be away from her mum though so u might find it takes a bit longer for her to learn , she definitely looks like brown eyed , she might keep the bit of blue , she looks like she might be a wooly coated too

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

ZACKLA & MAYA~ Here are some more staff members that can help you or direct you to invaluable info:@Sarah@Andy@Wolfpup
@BingBlaze n Skyla@Emma@Jo
GOOD LUCK! YOU ARE DOING GREAT CARING FOR MAYA![emoji171]

~ANGIE

ZACKLA & MAYA~ Here are some more staff members that can help you or direct you to invaluable info:@Sarah@Andy@Wolfpup
@BingBlaze n Skyla@Emma@Jo
GOOD LUCK! YOU ARE DOING GREAT CARING FOR MAYA![emoji171]

~ANGIE

I cant be much help either sorry, same as Rob, we go down the rescue road, Amy was 9 months when we got her, 4 weeks is very young to be away from mum tho as the mum and litter mates teach doggy manners I do wonder if Amy was taken to early as she has no doggy manners ( working on that one!!) and struggles to read other dogs que's , puppy classes would be a good idea when all the jabs have been given, you will need lots of patience and love, sure you will get there [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thanks to everyone who try at least to help and specially ARMANI &ALINA I'm very grateful and I do all my best with my lovely MAYA I hope one day I will go to Siberia and take her with me to her home LOL everyone is invited [emoji23][emoji39]

Hi, she is gorgeous, very fluffy!
She is very young to be away from mum, it is important for them to stay with mum until at least 8 weeks so they don't have behavioural issues later on.
If the eyes change colour they usually change from blue, one of mine has amber eyes and the other has an orangey brown, I know a lot of people usually like the glacial blue but she's a beauty whatever her eye colour will be.
There are many experienced husky owners on this forum for all our furbaby issues.

I wish if she stayed with her mom until 2 months but I couldn't the breeder told me that I must take it now or he will buy all the 6 puppies to an other man so I haven't any choice.
And I see in her eyes two colors brown in the middle and blue in the sides of the eyes circle so that's why I'm confused [emoji190]

That would be so unique if MAYA's eyes stay the way they are with brown in the middle & blue on the outer circle! That's what is so COOL about every single Huskys' eyes. They are all so beautiful!
Your MAYA Baby is just gorgeous either way her eyes color turns out, and her fur is so fluffy. Looks like you have a BEAUTY![emoji178]

~ANGIE

Oh wow, looking after a four week old pup, I must say that's gotta be hard work for you, I thought they were still on milk at that age.
I guess the eyes are probably the least of your worries right now but as said they do start blue and then change colour. In huskies you can get a Parti eye which is where you get both colours in the same eye. Different to bi eyes which is where you get one eye brown, another one blue. Think David Bowie has different coloured eyes, not that that matters, I'm waffling, lol.

What a beautiful puppy!!
Actually nothing left to say they gave you all the information you need hahah that's what I love about the people over here! You are going to love this app because it's full of information and new things all the time!!
By the way your pupp has beautiful eyes!! Love them.
One time I met with another husky owner and he told me that his husky has an eye that's half blue and half brown Just to let you know i got my husky Snow at age 6 weeks old so if u needed any help I might be able to help you![emoji1317]
My only advice just stay calm and take care of your pupp & don't freak out lol

What a beautiful puppy!!
Actually nothing left to say they gave you all the information you need hahah that's what I love about the people over here! You are going to love this app because it's full of information and new things all the time!!
By the way your pupp has beautiful eyes!! Love them.
One time I met with another husky owner and he told me that his husky has an eye that's half blue and half brown Just to let you know i got my husky Snow at age 6 weeks old so if u needed any help I might be able to help you![emoji1317]
My only advice just stay calm and take care of your pupp & don't freak out lol

Thanks [emoji1374] very much yes it's so hard to take care of a 4 weeks pupy I will text you if I need anything about her [emoji12][emoji4]

Maya my love

Archived