Welsh members in RCT area

PaulG

OK RCT council have created the sort it out campain to help with dog mess. please phone the council and complain

I am not against people picking up dog mess but the new local laws are stupid. from the 1st of October in Pontypridd park you will only be able to walk dogs on the patch of grass above the bandstand and up to the the turn style (if you get locked in and need to get out) gate. So they will be forcing all dogs those that are freindly and unfreindly in t one small area. as one of many huksy owners who use the tennis courts fence as a secure area to let our dogs off we are now being forced to lead walk only in an area with dogs that can be dangerous to our own dogs.

this is a good idea that has been poorly thought out, new dog wardens will be able to give on the spot fines for not having poo bags, dogs off leads, and worse out of control dogs. seeing as these wardens will have zero qualifications other than a short training scheme, and no animal husbandry or behavorial training degree's it will be personal judgement of the warden in question that decides if you get fined.

what is the legal definition of an out of control dog as we know 2 huskys playing can look like they are trying to kill each other and to an idiot that does not know the breed etc this could land people with fines for no reason

This is silly! Wrexham council have had people giving out fines for littering/dog mess in Alyn Waters Country Park and around Wrexham for the past year or so, there's been no new restrictions where you can take your dogs however I hear the fines have been quite successful

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

we can not let our dgs off a lead any more, and i hate to sound racist but i bet most of these wardens will be from ethnic or religous backgrounds that are biased against dogs and as i said other than probably a 2 hour lesson some where have zero knowledge of dogs of any breed etc

To be honest I don't think any dogs should be allowed off lead. I don't see what ethnicity and religion has to do with dog mess and dogs being off lead [emoji15] if all dogs are kept on lead there won't be an issue with dogs seeming to be unfriendly or out of control

with ethnic and religion, some see dogs as as unclean, others see all dogs as dangerous animals used to attack them  german shepherds are devil dogs to some cultures walk around some big city area now witha dog and you will see children running away screaming wolf wolf, adults stepping into traffic t get away from you. worse some area you will have mobs of angry young men come up and try to drive you out the way as its against the law for you to be there

I doubt very much that people with views like that would apply for a job like that. That would be like a vegetarian going to work in a butchers. Until you actually see these wardens you can't just assume what they are going to be like

with ethnic and religion, some see dogs as as unclean, others see all dogs as dangerous animals used to attack them  german shepherds are devil dogs to some cultures walk around some big city area now witha dog and you will see children running away screaming wolf wolf, adults stepping into traffic t get away from you. worse some area you will have mobs of angry young men come up and try to drive you out the way as its against the law for you to be there

A person who perceived dogs to be unclean, regardless of ethnicity, is hardly likely to want this sort of job and it does sound racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Instead of passing judgement on people you have never even seen before, why don't you go and speak to them, you might be pleasantly surprised. I agree that people should be fined for not having poop bags, not picking up their dogs mess and having dogs off lead in on lead areas. I've ever heard of people being fined for having out of control dogs before, that's more of a police matter

my main issue is you can be fined by some one who will be making a judgement on behaviour with no qualifications other than a few hours in a class room. and by having seen the current wardens employed for littering and parking tickets in the RCT area i an say that the company hiring them is either picking want to be doorman types or i hate to say it recent imigrants as they are mostly agency staff. Who are paid a bonus on the ammount of tickets they write as there have been problems with the current wardens on litter patrol writing tickets for stupid reasons. this new addition to thier powers is just open for abuse. I have spoken to several people who will now be buying personal cctv cams and a few who already have them

Archived