ANEMIA

HERNAMEISMIKA

Has anyone had any issues with anemia. I just received a puppy who is now 4 months. She looked healthy, was regarded the runt. My uncle went to see her, and we purchased her and had her flown to where I live. Everything looked fine, I had received videos, and pictures from before we got her till before she flew here. We also had all of her shots done before her flight. The flight was about 8 hours. The problem is when she arrived, the vet called us immediately because he noticed she seemed really out of it. She was slow to respond, she even ran head first into the gate. He noticed she had a whole lot of ticks, and fleas, as well as her gums were white. After a few check ups, the vet told us 1 she had worm, and 2 she is anemic. she lost alot of blood due to the tick, fleas, and worms. Its very sad to receive any animal at this state, especially on of such a high pedigree. She had a blood transfusion today, I just was wondering if there is anything I should check up on or any thing I should concern myself with. Thank you for all your time.   

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I see, she has been in the vet since We got her a week ago due to we have a guarantee regulation. She is eating alot more, she still has scabs from all the ticks. She also has perked up a lot since the blood transfusion, coloration is returning. As well as the vet said all the ticks are gone. I really don't want to lose her we are doing our best.

I have gone back and forth with him since the incident, what concerned me is he assured me everything was fine. He sent the shot and health records via mail. The most concerning was the transporter, I went through a couple of the pics, and noticed before the flight she was crated with another dog, a pitbull.  I than brought it to his attention,  he assured me it will be corrected, and all dogs being transported were up to date, with shots, as well as flea and tick prevention. What still gets to me is if all of her shots are up to date, how was she able to catch all of this. A week before the flight my cousin went to check her at the breeder, and sent me videos of her jumping around and being so lively. She was dirty witch I again brought up and the transported noted she will be bathed before her flight. We was in such a bad shape. My vet was heart broken as well, he couldn't understand how a dog with a great pedigree, and us as a buyer received a dog in this state the same day she arrived. Im at a loss for word. All I want is to see her make it through this whole ordeal. I really want to know more about the conditions.

Sounds like she is in the right place now, poor girl has been through the mill [emoji20]
Surely she cant of got that bad just on an 8 hour flight, hope the breeder learns from this...... hope shes feeling better soon and you can get on with your life with a husky ( its a rollercoaster!!) [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

From what I hear they are a rollercoaster. I have never owned one, always wanted one. I hope she comes out of this on top. Quick question I am new here how do I reply through the app. I don't see any kind of reply or quote button. I get the alert on my phone and use my computer to respond.

On the app, to quote you press the little arrow button at bottom right of post, to just reply you press the + button at bottom left! You'll find it becomes 2nd nature as its addictive! [emoji3]
Amy is my 1st husky too, got her as a 9 month old rescue, theres been tears of laughter, joy and frustration but its so worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
She is doing great down super hyper eating good drinking a lot the pink returned to her gums IMG-20170901-WA0002.thumb.jpg.ac66f3169ee9d65545334677af908844.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Husky Owners mobile app

That is adorable you have such a good puppy [emoji847][emoji7][emoji179] I'm happy she is in a good place [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Her now it's been a struggle.903ba6b0eae2e9de98aee4d6c149e1e0.jpg&key=936f44ea8a5e83adf8a498f53b4c8afba15ad72b90b50d1fa0b342e7cec108c86ed66e6ada6899f051cf0e7ef7b7fd4b.jpg&key=96f28ed83f94725d8fd021e76ea2f8574bf90a06c3fdfdd5e39815b84b456540

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

You have given a good place [emoji179][emoji179] She looks perfectly healthy in this photo and Beautiful!!! [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

That is adorable you have such a good puppy [emoji847][emoji7][emoji179] I'm happy she is in a good place [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Thanks guys it's been a rough 4 months but she is doing great at home in sure that 4 months was just as hard on her as it was on us.

Thanks guys it's been a rough 4 months but she is doing great at home in sure that 4 months was just as hard on her as it was on us.

Yes that's true since they get attached pretty quickly I bet it was very hard on her also. [emoji847][emoji178] Have anymore happy husky GSD photos?? [emoji847][emoji847][emoji2][emoji2]

She is so loveable. 7d31879c49e7d1aa8d3395da82cbc31a.jpg&key=236f0999c45c5b1cd31621234173c8f9821f5117d64ea4fdc07049b3aca9e2ea6a3266cf022703d638e9b1caae0cbe9b.jpg&key=98747ba5ea5f6ee0236055b98f00d09b0db27da64890b2f05f673141b22029eb65d2f34878fa933d8b58b1f8e5c47e88.jpg&key=522ccfa0230d32897a0088a8d836e30b970a31e0c36868f8025191ff6cd84aaf

She looks very lovable and cuddly [emoji178][emoji178][emoji847][emoji847] It's good you have GSD to make her tired [emoji2][emoji2] Those are wonderful photos [emoji4][emoji4][emoji7][emoji7]

She looks very lovable and cuddly [emoji178][emoji178][emoji847][emoji847] It's good you have GSD to make her tired [emoji2][emoji2] Those are wonderful photos [emoji4][emoji4][emoji7][emoji7]

They sleep and eat separate we do 1 hour with each dog alone for training and a couple hours in the yard with both dogs. But I couldn't ask for better dogs and they both get along great with our cat .

They sleep and eat separate we do 1 hour with each dog alone for training and a couple hours in the yard with both dogs. But I couldn't ask for better dogs and they both get along great with our cat .

That's a very good schedule and a plus that they get along with cat especially since both breeds are so drivey [emoji2][emoji2] Good work on the training [emoji2][emoji2]

That's a very good schedule and a plus that they get along with cat especially since both breeds are so drivey [emoji2][emoji2] Good work on the training [emoji2][emoji2]

A whole lot of research love and time went into both dogs to make sure we all get the best outcome and I owe a whole lot to forums like this to everything.

Archived