Xmass is coming

PaulG

Far to early for xmas talk, its still summer.....[emoji23][emoji23]
Whats the secret santa? I wasnt a member last year

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I wasn't either. (Santa can come every day of the year bcuz he's MAGICAL LOL!) What's the Secret Santa about??

~ANGIE

Far to early for xmas talk, its still summer.....[emoji23][emoji23]
Whats the secret santa? I wasnt a member last year

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Basically u put your name down with a location UK only , international etc n at some point you'll be told who you have to send a Xmas present to , it'll be either owner or dog/s your choice and they won't know who sent it them until Xmas day or until they post on the forum and you tell them if it was u n vice versa

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Oh man, its wayyyy too early to think about Xmas :rofl:

But thanks for the reminder!  Last year I forgot all about it, so we skipped it.  I am hoping to get some good interest in it this year.  So, I will start early, probably early/mid September.

we last ran it in 2015 and if i remember we set a limit of £10 pounds for the gifts

I gave some ones dogs a couple toys Glow collar for winter walks some treats and some poo bags

and i got some toys for my dogs from who ever sent me a gift. I suck at buying gifts for people so i will buy for dogs again this year

2015's gifts from the secret santa

Does it have to be something bought?     I make dehydrated raw food treats for my boys and have never met a dog who doesn't love them   -  so much so that our dog trainer went out and bought a dehydrator for himself after trying a load of the treats on his other charges.     I only use free-range chicken breast, lambs liver and lamb's heart.    They keep for at least 6 months   (not that they last more than a month at a time)    

ok  put me down for a dog  (we don't 'do' human presents).   Because its food it has to be the UK  -  don't want to fall foul of international laws !   Trouble now is that as soon as they open the box they will know who it's from as I've spilled the beans !!  :P

4 minutes ago, wolfpup said:

ok  put me down for a dog  (we don't 'do' human presents).   Because its food it has to be the UK  -  don't want to fall foul of international laws !   Trouble now is that as soon as they open the box they will know who it's from as I've spilled the beans !!  :P

get a vacuum machine as well then the smell is not there LOLOL

3 hours ago, robke said:

get a vacuum machine as well then the smell is not there LOLOL

Come on now, ............................ bearing in mind I have already admitted owning a dehydrator  -  don't you think I also have a vacuum packer?     The main problem is that once dehydrated they are so solid they just poke through the material   :rofl:    Mind you  48 hours in a dehydrator at 70 degrees ............. you'd have a few sharp edges as well  :P

Does it have to be something bought?     I make dehydrated raw food treats for my boys and have never met a dog who doesn't love them   -  so much so that our dog trainer went out and bought a dehydrator for himself after trying a load of the treats on his other charges.     I only use free-range chicken breast, lambs liver and lamb's heart.    They keep for at least 6 months   (not that they last more than a month at a time)    

No it doesn't have to be something bought :)

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I will be starting a post soon in the next few weeks. So this is how it will work.  First we will figure out who wants to exchange in what areas.  So you will be able to do US only, UK only, or Worldwide. You can choose what area you want to exchange with.  Then, when I have all participants I will randomly match people to be the secret Santa and DM each person the person they are buying for.  You anonymously send a gift (dollar amount will be pre-determined) to the person that you are assigned to.  We will also have a thread that will address gift preferences, such as allergies, or if you would rather have a gift for yourself or your dog.  (i.e. if your dog doesn't like rawhide, or other products). That way, you won't (or shouldn't) get a gift that you can't use.  The most important part is that if you decide to participate you MUST be willing to send a gift.  The WORST thing is getting someone that never sends anything.  

There will be a dollar limit, but feel free to make your own gifts too. The only general rule is that you don't exceed the dollar limit, and it won't break the bank. Maybe like $15 USD.  It also doesn't matter if you have 1 dog or 15, the dollar amount stays the same. This is meant to be FUN!  So as long as I get at least 10 interested parties, we will do it this year.  I will only participate if there is an odd number, otherwise I won't since it might be a conflict since I would be the one assigning the secret Santa.  

So I am looking forward to everyone participating this year!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived