My clever gal

shayes

If you recall, I mentioned I had horrific issues with Phoenix when we first went out for a walk. Even seeing the harness would send her into a chaotic fur ball. Screaming, howling and no focus for a fair time into our walk. Being an older girl, and only having her a year I wasn't sure what triggered the craziness and put it down to just one of those things, but wanted to resolve as I was concerned it was a stress triggered reaction.

Her old owners said she always did it despite being walked a lot (I still am not sure how much she was exercised )

Sometimes I would dread our initial part of the first leg of our walk, which I'm also sure had a factor in her ampt up levels.

After a good while of hard work, putting her waking gear on and ignoring her till she had calmed down, stopping and starting the walking and giving reassurance she is a different dog.

Scary that a dog behaviourist recommend a vibrate collar which I didn't explore (thankfully )

We are not completely healed , if we spot a squirrel or another dog she reverts back but baby steps. If we stop and talk to a fellow walker she has no reservations about letting me know that it's time we got moving again.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to those that had given me advice, I did use it and it has paid off, quieter dog and less people asking what is up with your dog. I've had Husky's for a while but this little one had me scratching my head for a while.

Thanks again, and just shows you can teach an older dog new tricks [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Thats fantastic news well done to you both!! Keep up the good work and dont stress about the relapses, slightly bonkers is a husky thing [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

To many people give up on huskies , if they only knew what the end result is like I'm sure they wouldn't, I have had dogs all my life , and they all take hard work/hours but a huskie is a different breed altogether far more clever than most breeds, and unique.. anyone who takes a huskie on and sees it through has to be in my eyes unique too . Lilly is now 3 years old so happy walks beautifully and good with other dogs. We have had hard times where we couldn't leave her, sometimes food is an issue, but we got there and she's the best dog Iv ever had in so many ways, so well done for sticking with yours it will all work out and they are worth every min you give them by far.f369237e0958783950edbc78b6fb44eb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• 1 year later...

Great news, I have similar issues with Lilly when she in an area she doesn’t know,, I do the same kind of thing keeping her reassured, they are a breed you need to do homework on, and all you guys understand the husky some people are just plain rude about them..they don’t get them,, they are worth all the hard work,, so intelligent better than most humans I think. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived