Sign in to follow this  
HuskyGirl99

Husky puppy ears?

Hi, I have a 7 month old male husky, and  he is purebred, but so far my pups ears haven't stood up. I or no one has messed with his ears, and both parents do have erect ears and look pure, but yet his ears are still floppy. I have looked up in general about ears and I know it's might be a genetics defect, however I was curious if anyone might know if there is hope for his ears still standing past this age? None of the ears have fully stood they only stand when he is asleep, but that's because his head is turned and when he wakes up they stay up for maybe a few seconds then flop back down.

I love him regardless, but was wondering if anyone might know if there is hope for his ears still standing even though he's already 7 months?  

He looks husky to me. Handsome boy too.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

They may one day stick up but honestly at 7 months I wouldn't anticipate it. It makes him unique.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

He's a handsome boy, wouldn't like to say for definite whether they'll stand up, they're usually up by now. You're prob better asking a vet and they can advise you. I personally wouldn't tape them, I know some people do, but that's what makes him unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thank you all for your replies I was still hopeful for the cute erect ears, but I did know deep down that it is probably too late. Oh well! I love him regardless, even if he looks less like a husky :P

My partner had an akita years ago and his ears didn't stand up til he was over 1yr old so theres maybe hope, your pup however is extremely cute

Thank you all for your replies. I really thought he would look like a real husky since I paid top dollar for him, and he was advertised as purebred, although money doesn't matter when you love someone and I love him with all my heart, and love him regardless of his funky ears. I had no idea that the ears were supposed to be erect way before this time until people started asking me if he was a lab mix, because of the ears that's why I got worried and posted to see if anyone else had a purebred husky that ears stood late. I guess the lady who sold him to me must have lied to me. It's unfortunate when you can't trust people, but I ended up with a dog I love either way so I guess no harm done.

On the bright side, at least when you take him out in the rain he wont get rain in his ears, Amy hates that!!
He really is such a cutie tho - you could help but love him

I agree with the others, i think his floppy ears make him look adorable!  I wouldn't change a thing :)  He looks all husky to me, but if you are worried you can ask to see the papers, but I dunno if they would be legit if they are passing off mix breeds as pure bred.  I mean I would understand being mad if you paid a lot of money for a pup that wasn't as advertised. 

Either way, he looks perfect :)

• Like 1