Very poorly Benson might only have days left with him

Benson
Message added by Marc

This topic has been posted for support, not criticism. Please remember what the site husky owners is for. If you are unsure on this, please feel free to ask and I will gladly inform you.

We have made our second trip to vets tonight the first vet thought enlarged prostate gland 2nd vet couldn't tell if it was prostate gland because there was too much poop in there been giving him lactalose the vet tonight has said he has severe back problems which maybe causing him not to go for a poop we have now got painkillers for him and we have to give him a few days and if hasn't improved we might have to think about putting him too sleep! We just don't have the funds for MRI scans he thinks that it could be either wear and tear disc problems or worse we don t know what to think or do we are beside our selves just have to hope painkillers work anybody else have this issue ? Oh he is 8yrs old just not ready to let go just yet 

20170209_092944.jpg

You need to pay for what needs to be done as you took him on as your responsibility. Speak to family or friends for help pawn some of your stuff or sell stuff but putting him down because you can't afford it is cowardly and irresponsible. Sorry if I come across harsh or judgmental. I would sell all my stuff to save my pup if I needed to to help him.

Sent from my Z981 using Husky Owners mobile app

Start a go fund me or take an advance or loan. Barrow money from family.

How dare you we have looked after him for 8 wonderful years he has been loved and well cared for you do not know our situation financially or emotionally I joined this site for advice and support also if you don't think we have already gone down all the routes you have kindly suggested you are wrong we have tried everything to raise funds! So I would suggest you kindly keep your opinions to your self !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Husky Owners mobile app

I am not good in English, so maybe I understood incorrectly.  If he cannot poo, maybe his anal gland was blocked. It happens often in  older dogs. The procedure for that is simple (just extremely messy). Talk to your vet about that. I am not a vet. I was told that by my friend who told me that area just before tail should be massaged regularly to prevent that gland to be blocked.  And our neighbors dog just had that intervention because he could not poo 

Best wishes for Benson

I am very sorry to hear this and hope that the pain meds work for him.  I can't imagine what you are going through.  Best wishes for Benson. 

I have not had this issue so I am sorry I can't give advice :(

On 7/26/2017 at 3:29 AM, Benson said:

How dare you we have looked after him for 8 wonderful years he has been loved and well cared for you do not know our situation financially or emotionally I joined this site for advice and support also if you don't think we have already gone down all the routes you have kindly suggested you are wrong we have tried everything to raise funds! So I would suggest you kindly keep your opinions to your self !

I am sorry for coming off rudly. I understand what you say. I am VERY happy he has improved. So many people give up just because they dont have the money and choose to just "let him go in peace" when its a cop out in my opinion. Your right I do not know what you have gone through or your situation. I should have been more empathetic to your situation. but alas I still feel as caretakers of our pets we should do everything needed to make sure they get the help they need before giving up.

8 hours ago, TheIcePhoenix said:

I am sorry for coming off rudly. I understand what you say. I am VERY happy he has improved. So many people give up just because they dont have the money and choose to just "let him go in peace" when its a cop out in my opinion. Your right I do not know what you have gone through or your situation. I should have been more empathetic to your situation. but alas I still feel as caretakers of our pets we should do everything needed to make sure they get the help they need before giving up.

I'm with you on this. 

Firstly I never said I was going to put him too sleep only that maybe what the vet said is best for the dog we are treating him how we can afford we have sold belongings tried to raise cash for his treatment yes he has improved bowel wise but he is in an excruciating amount of pain in his lower back we are
Tearing this with painkillers we have to take him back in three weeks would you let your dog be in that much pain I will not let my dog suffer In pain when he no longer has use of his legs which is the way he looks to be going

Firstly I never said I was going to put him too sleep only that maybe what the vet said is best for the dog we are treating him how we can afford we have sold belongings tried to raise cash for his treatment yes he has improved bowel wise but he is in an excruciating amount of pain in his lower back we are
Tearing this with painkillers we have to take him back in three weeks would you let your dog be in that much pain I will not let my dog suffer In pain when he no longer has use of his legs which is the way he looks to be going

I understand what your saying and I am not accusing you of this only stating that many people do this and that we as caretakers who call our pets our own children need to fight to the end for them.

I had someone watch my cat many years ago and they shot her when she got sick and didn't even ask me or tell me that they did it. I had to find out through someone else 6 months later but they never asked me if i wanted to take her to the vet. They said it was their way as ranchers that pets where not pets but work animals and when one got sick they just put it down.

This person was an old boss who wanted me to move somewhere to work and took all my property to the place but lied to me an didn't move me up for another year. So it wasn't my choice that ah even had my cat. Their is lots more to this story but that's not what I'm here for.

I am very sorry if i am miscommunicating to you. I mean not offense.

look into care one cc for emergency vet needs. or consider pet insurance its very cheep. 

Pet insurance now won't cover him for this as it'll be classed as a pre-existing condition as he's already been treated at the vets for it sadly

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Hi just thought I would update Benson isn't doing to bad he doesn't seem to be in to much pain but that could be the pain killers masking the pain he was eating well but has bow gone off his food a little we still have our fingers crossed thankyou for all your kind words and messages will keep you all updated xx

Archived