3 year husky has a new member in the house HELP???????

rockyhusky

hello everyone i have a 3 year old husky, all this time he has been the only dog in the house, today my sister in law got a 6 or 8 month dog it a mix husky. both of them are male, the 8 month dog looks calm and the 3 year husky, wants to get to know him but when the other dog trys to smell him or just move the 3 year old looks with fear and starts to growling at the 8 month dog, the 8 month looks happy and just wants to play but becuz the 3 year husky is growling at the other one. that when he also start to defect him self, and start to bark back, but the 3 year old just runs away but also growling but, the 8 month does not bite the other one also the 3 year doesnt bite him it just looks like he es fear. i wanted to know what i can do to calm the 3 year old and does not fear the other dog, so they can get alone good, hope someone can help me out here,, i want the 3 year old husky also to have fun with the new dog 

Hi, something similar happened with Astro when I got Koda. On the whole it's best to leave them to work out their place in the pack, but keep an eye on them in case trouble starts as if it is fear the dog is expressing then this could lead to aggression. Don't expect things to settle quickly it is a long journey, I've had Koda for 7 months now and they are only just starting to get on ok-ish!
Huskies do make growling type noises when they are playing as well, it's quite noisy and be prepared for teeth everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

31 minutes ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

How did u introduce them? How is he with other dogs outside the home? It will take time for them to get used to each other just keep an eye on them

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

the 3 year old husky is rocky

the 8 month mix is simba

I went to the park with both dogs so they can meet in a neutral place last night, today and the morning i took Rocky to a long walk and run before he see him again at the park, than we walked back to the house, they are ok but it just rocky that fears simba, outside with other he doesnt growl at any dog, there is even a pack that live next to us and they always bark at him and he just runs all over the fance tryng to play with them but doesnt bark back or anything

i have also one more question does neutering one male dog will help in calm him down not got be aggression 

the 3 year old husky is rocky

the 8 month mix is simba

I went to the park with both dogs so they can meet in a neutral place last night, today and the morning i took Rocky to a long walk and run before he see him again at the park, than we walked back to the house, they are ok but it just rocky that fears simba, outside with other he doesnt growl at any dog, there is even a pack that live next to us and they always bark at him and he just runs all over the fance tryng to play with them but doesnt bark back or anything

i have also one more question does neutering one male dog will help in calm him down not got be aggression 

Are u sure he's scared? It might just be weird for him , when we first got blaze as a pup our current dog bing's spent most of his time upstairs out of the way till he got used to him , he wasn't quite sure what to make of this tiny bouncy dog that kept trying to annoy him , eventually after a few walks together they started getting on a bit better n were then best of friends for 6/7 years before we had to say goodbye to bing's

Neutering may help but if there's aggression there and it's fear based and not dominance it likely won't make a difference

7 minutes ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Are u sure he's scared? It might just be weird for him , when we first got blaze as a pup our current dog bing's spent most of his time upstairs out of the way till he got used to him , he wasn't quite sure what to make of this tiny bouncy dog that kept trying to annoy him , eventually after a few walks together they started getting on a bit better n were then best of friends for 6/7 years before we had to say goodbye to bing's

Neutering may help but if there's aggression there and it's fear based and not dominance it likely won't make a difference

will every time the 8 month dog trys to smell the 3 year old his tail is down and middle of the legs, and he trys to run away but also growls at the other dog 

will every time the 8 month dog trys to smell the 3 year old his tail is down and middle of the legs, and he trys to run away but also growls at the other dog 

sounds like he's uncomfortable with it , I'd make sure he gets plenty of space , keep an eye on them both , if pup gets a bit too much u can calmly separate them n let them both have some alone time it will probably help your older one bond with him more if he isn't constantly being 'harassed' by pup too , I think here it's just about time and letting them get used to each other

6 minutes ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

sounds like he's uncomfortable with it , I'd make sure he gets plenty of space , keep an eye on them both , if pup gets a bit too much u can calmly separate them n let them both have some alone time it will probably help your older one bond with him more if he isn't constantly being 'harassed' by pup too , I think here it's just about time and letting them get used to each other

yeah but that the thing that the older one is the one that goes everytime and looks for the yonger one and smells him, the yonger one is calm but but when the yonger trys around and trys to smell the older one that when the older one growls at him, but the younger does not bite him he just chase him like wanted to play 

i think i will give them time a walk them everyday together 

He's probably just trying to get information about the new family member n doesn't like being hassled when doing so , I'm no expert at all but I think time and patience is your best bet here , unless they're showing aggression towards one another i wouldn't worry too much just keep an eye on them , give them space from each other if u feel they need it and lots of praise when they're behaving together :) good luck and don't forget to share pics lol

We have a 2 year old female husky Emi, and our poor little Yourkies, males 9 y/o are always dominated...it's in their breed I believe to be aggressive and loving their space. She tolerates and the yourkies allow her space, and she knows their growls are fun and temporary. Just watch your older with the younger, it should soon be okay...

Emi's 3.5 years now, although dominates her two Yourkie brothers, she loves to play with them and they love to chase her, she loves the attention...lol, all good here, just growing together in one happy home....

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

My older one just bite the other one out of no where, the older one look like he did wanted to hurt the younger one, also what can i do for the older one not to growls at me, when i tell him to stop 

Can u keep a lead on him so u can remove him from the room when he's in that frame of mind?

I could be wrong but It sounds like he's 'correcting' the pup. If the pup listened to the warnings first to back off then all well and good but if not then like the others have said it's time to step in and separate. Maybe I did it too long but I removed one for about a minute or two. Also worth mentioning is that if I could see one wanted to rest but the other was up to their antics I offered the resting one somewhere to go where they'd be undisturbed.

12 hours ago, Emma said:

I could be wrong but It sounds like he's 'correcting' the pup. If the pup listened to the warnings first to back off then all well and good but if not then like the others have said it's time to step in and separate. Maybe I did it too long but I removed one for about a minute or two. Also worth mentioning is that if I could see one wanted to rest but the other was up to their antics I offered the resting one somewhere to go where they'd be undisturbed.

yeah i see him correcting the pup but out of nowhere the older went got up and smile the youger one and bite him his leg

yeah i see him correcting the pup but out of nowhere the older went got up and smile the youger one and bite him his leg

Did he leave a mark? Sounds like he's trying to tell him who's boss and put him in his place but I'm no expert and haven't seen it myself so In all honesty I'm just guessing here. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived