I'm interested in what you think....

chelseafan

So this is Luka and he's 15 months old, ( I love this pic of him ) I've had him since 8 weeks old and his breeder wasn't truthful about him being 100% husky.........not that it matters now, we love him. I'm interested in what other husky owners think about his 'other' breed, the vet says half Akita.bd117a9de2cf1af5b1c92c4b6ad0f3c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HELLO,

Lovely dogs. Would be even better without that contraption on their face. Each to their own.

Lol, I use them very rarely now, at the time I was recovering from a hand operation and could only use one hand to walk them both, it was safer with head harnesses.

HELLO,

Lovely dogs. Would be even better without that contraption on their face. Each to their own.

Bit rude , u don't know how old that pic is , or the reason why they're wearing them , or if they still do , I used a non pull harness to train mine to walk nicely but they don't wear them anymore , who's to say the OP wasn't doing the same or something , they asked for opinions on their dogs breed nothing more , nothing less

Oh n I think more malamute too tbh
You can get dna tests on amazon some people have had really good results from them
I'm thinking of getting one for skyla one day lol

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

TBH head harnesses aren't a favourite of mine but sometimes a necessary evil, operation on my left hand tomorrow so they'll be back on them for 6 weeks till bandages come off,they'll still need their long walks!!
Thanks for all feedback, I sent off for a DNA kit, it was close to a bank holiday and they didn't receive the rest so another one sent out and still no result.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

12 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Bit rude , u don't know how old that pic is , or the reason why they're wearing them , or if they still do , I used a non pull harness to train mine to walk nicely but they don't wear them anymore , who's to say the OP wasn't doing the same or something , they asked for opinions on their dogs breed nothing more , nothing less

Oh n I think more malamute too tbh
You can get dna tests on amazon some people have had really good results from them
I'm thinking of getting one for skyla one day lol

you really do not like anyone's comments that have any sort of opinion that you do not agree with. 

you really do not like anyone's comments that have any sort of opinion that you do not agree with. 

Really? I just don't agree on people jumping on someone for no reason , she asked for opinions on what her dogs breed might be and u straight away come across as rude towards the fact she used a headcollar on her dogs , she's already stated that it was due to her having an operation , you didn't know the reason at the time u just 'assumed' the worse , people use training tools for all sorts of reasons and shouldn't be penalised for it

I must agree with Nix and not just because she is an moderator ... my wife uses an easy walker with both of mine otherwise she could not walk them nowt wrong with that...easy walker, walk your dog with love, head colllar they are all tools that are harmless...

21 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Really? I just don't agree on people jumping on someone for no reason , she asked for opinions on what her dogs breed might be and u straight away come across as rude towards the fact she used a headcollar on her dogs , she's already stated that it was due to her having an operation , you didn't know the reason at the time u just 'assumed' the worse , people use training tools for all sorts of reasons and shouldn't be penalised for it

KBW. 

Meaning?

The only meaning I know for this is Kings Bench Walk, and if so this discussion is getting a bit out of hand if a barrister is getting involved [emoji23]

I wasn't going to say anything but I agree that it came across as rude. I had Koda wearing one when I was pregnant because I was struggling to walk him, you can't just make assumptions

KBW. 

This forum is about husky owners sharing their experiences with fellow husky owners and to learn from each other so we can all benefit for the good of the breed we all love so much.
It shouldn't be used to judge others because it's a learning process for all of us.

Well this thread has certainly gone 'off piste' [emoji23][emoji23]
Let us know how the DNA test goes, been thinking about it for Amy, would be interesting to know what her ancestry is [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived