New puppy

jambex1979

Hi we have had our new pup raven for a month now a friend for out 3yr old winter now all they seam to do is constantly play the lil 1 jumping n grabing winter ( Not nasty ) n winter pushing her over. is it normal for them to play this much dont want to mis read the signs if they are not getting on thanks Jamie554fcaaca8ebf5476b8626c5f8803827.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If all you've got is them playing then that's great , most older dogs get annoyed by puppies quickly , if u feel is going on for too long or getting too crazy u can stop play for a bit n let them both calm down and have a bit of space , I'm sure winter will let raven know when she's had enough though , when she does don't tell her off for it let her have her space

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Yeah it's quite common.  When Nikko was 9 months old I got Yukon who was 8 weeks old and they played like that.  Yukon would let him know when he had enough though lol

You can soon tell when they've had enough, they're not exactly subtle, lol.
When Ice has had enough of rowdy youngsters he will growl and then use his paw to squash them onto the floor, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Yes raven gets squished to the floor on occasion lol just 1st time with 2dogs ive read up that huskies play rough but never seen it lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh, they play really rough when they want to! Winter should let her know when she's had enough or you should be able to see when the pup irritates her too much and seperate them for a while or distract with toys so they get a break from each other. But if they're like my 2 they will stick to each other like glue very soon! (And playfight through life like only Huskies can!)

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Husky Owners mobile app

There's 8 weeks between my 2, Cai is 17 months and Luka 15 months and they are very close, Cai's the boss and Luka will challenge him now and again and boy is it noisy! When they play fight they are very loud and it can be a little frightening the first time you hear it, you'd know the difference if it was a serious fight. My two have had 2 fights and the noise was horrendous but soon after they were sleeping next to each other, they don't like to be separated.
You'll have great fun with 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived