Is my Husky a Shepsky?

Arlo-Roo

Hello! I adopted my little man from a husky rescue group recently - he's about 6 months old & I was told he was small for his age. He was dumped because of an eye abnormality & had to have it removed. I've been taking him to an obedience class & one of his teachers said she thought he might be part Shepherd. He's really trainable & she said he's not crazy like most of the Huskies she's trained. I, of course, adore him either way:)  I'd love some opinions! Thank you! 

IMG_5342.JPG

IMG_5550.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

17 minutes ago, Rachael_Astro said:

They look like shepherd ears to me! He's very cute emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thank you! He definitely looks more Shepherd next to all your babies here! He actually looks more husky in real life -it's weird, sometimes he looks more like a husky, sometimes more shepherd!

1 minute ago, mattman17 said:

Gorgeous dog regardless but my vote is Shepsky for sure. Ears like that and not crazy at 6 months has to be watered down husky lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your opinion! 'Watered down husky' is definitely something I'll have to use to describe him, lol!

Yeah that facial profile is pure GSD

the blue eyes give him a unique look.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Yeah that facial profile is pure GSD

the blue eyes give him a unique look.

Thank you so much! He is really unique looking! I was unsure mostly because all the Gerberian Shepsky pictures I see on the internet are all super dark in color in general & more GSD looking overall. I also heard of the gangly/bat-eared period huskies go through & I decided to get opinions! 

why did i think this was a sheepdog husky by the title.....

yes looks very GSD, let us know if this is the magic ingredient for recall 

Archived