Tips for Playing Fetch

I know that many of you are husky experts, so I'm asking those of you who are a question: How can I train my husky to play fetch?

Sampson, when he's hyper, can sort of play fetch with a Frisbee. I throw it, tell him to "Go get it," and he runs over to it. Then, I say, "Bring it to me!" and he runs over with the Frisbee in his mouth. But it takes a while to get him to give it to me.

But when he's not hyper, he just kind of watches the Frisbee as it flies in the air.:popcorn:But he doesn't catch it.

Do you guys know any ways to train Sampson to play fetch, or any tips, at least? 

Thanks in advance!

Good lad Sampson...you know that you are a husky and not a go fetch dog...LOLOLOLOL

mine will only play fetch when they want to but most of the time it is you chucked it far away you go get...:D

Youre more likely to be able to train him to throw the frisby for you to fetch [emoji23]
Amy will go get something if she feels like it,or theres something in it for her ( game of tug!) but more often than not she drops it in favour of something else!
Our lawn is littered with discarded toys, daily clean up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Ice will play fetch but like the others have said, it's when he feels like it. At other times he just looks at me like "you wanna play fetch you should have got a retriever". [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I have had 2 huskies, neither would play catch. I have a rat terrier who loves to play fetch, he's obsessed, but our new husky puppy (husky 3 who now today is 3 months old, and looks at RB like he's crazy. Tala would rather run with RB than catch them ball lol

Shiloh plays fetch with balls brings them back and drops them. My son's golden retriever taught him:)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Husky Owners mobile app

I have had 2 huskies, neither would play catch. I have a rat terrier who loves to play fetch, he's obsessed, but our new husky puppy (husky 3 who now today is 3 months old, and looks at RB like he's crazy. Tala would rather run with RB than catch them ball lol

What part of Cali are you from? I cropped your pic . Looks a lot like Shiloh:)

Smart_Select_Image_2017-07-09-13-52-05.png

Resized_20161113_174631.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Husky Owners mobile app

In the garden Blaze will play fetch to a certain point. He prefers the game of holding on to the ball and making noises why i try and retrieve it. It doesn't happen often though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Echo will play fetch all day, but then she's a german Shepherd.

Darwin will run after a stick, sniff it and then go pee on the fence.

Daughtry used to watch a ball fly up the garden then look back at me as if to say. . . "y'know, you're gonna have to walk 150 feet up the garden to collect that don't'cha"

Sakura will play fetch with anything you throw but sticks mostly. This usually last about 5-10 trips then she's over it and only chases the stick and does t return it.

She started this all on her own with no one showing her to do this so I was shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived