ear

DogwithThaButta

I do have my boys papers. He is not the father of the puppy though. It is hard to tell from the mother, she does have a rounder face, which made me think a mix. Maybe samoyed? 

Sorry I meant the pups papers not your boys :)
I wouldn't like to guess on a breed , I've had people who own Samoyeds ask me if my girl is part Sammy too , as far as I'm aware she's full husky but papers can be faked or if a bitch was caught twice it's possible to have pure and cross pups in the same litter tho I don't think it happens often
Only surefire way to tell would be dna testing n even then it's not 100%
Once pup is older u might be able to tell more but they could just not be 'breed standard' huskies

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

One of my mine had one floppy ear, by 16 weeks it was upright.
It's difficult just by looking at a pup to say it's 100% pure breed, they change alot, she's lovely either way.
I bought Luka from a breeder who sold him as pure husky, as he grew his size and the shape of his snout niggled at me, I thought he was husky x GSD but my vet said he's husky X Akita, it doesn't change a thing as we love him enormously but if you're considering breeding maybe a DNA test would put your mind at rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

3 hours ago, chelseafan said:

One of my mine had one floppy ear, by 16 weeks it was upright.
It's difficult just by looking at a pup to say it's 100% pure breed, they change alot, she's lovely either way.
I bought Luka from a breeder who sold him as pure husky, as he grew his size and the shape of his snout niggled at me, I thought he was husky x GSD but my vet said he's husky X Akita, it doesn't change a thing as we love him enormously but if you're considering breeding maybe a DNA test would put your mind at rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thank you for this. I am gonna do a dna test to make sure. I judt have had many husky owners tell me that if the ear isnt up by 12 weeks. Shes either a mixed breed. Or has a genetic defect.  So that's why i took it to the forums. She looks alot like my boy when he was a puppy. But she does have a smaller head 😁

• 2 years later...

Hi, I had bought a male German Shepherd YEARS ago. Both parents were AKC Registered and represented their breed beautifully. When Samurai was 4 months old, I suspected he wasn't a Pure Breed. I waited until he was 6 1/2 months old and went back to the breeder. He swore Samurai was pure. I then asked him if the previous litter was a pure bred litter, he cocked his head to the side and asked me "Why are you asking that?". I said because I know the previous litter was not pure bred and I starred at him. He finally admitted that the previous litter was 1/2 mixed. I said "Come Again"? He said half the litter was German Shepherd and the other half was mixed. I laughed at him. I told him No, the whole litter was mixed and so was this litter. I then had to explain to this man that this litter was also Tainted and not Pure Bred. I got more then 3/4 of my money back. I also notified AKC that the litter was tainted and then had my male neutered to help keep the breed up to AKC Standards. Some people will lie and some are ignorant. Good Luck and God Bless. CrittrKpr

3 hours ago, CrittrKpr said:

Hi, I had bought a male German Shepherd YEARS ago. Both parents were AKC Registered and represented their breed beautifully. When Samurai was 4 months old, I suspected he wasn't a Pure Breed. I waited until he was 6 1/2 months old and went back to the breeder. He swore Samurai was pure. I then asked him if the previous litter was a pure bred litter, he cocked his head to the side and asked me "Why are you asking that?". I said because I know the previous litter was not pure bred and I starred at him. He finally admitted that the previous litter was 1/2 mixed. I said "Come Again"? He said half the litter was German Shepherd and the other half was mixed. I laughed at him. I told him No, the whole litter was mixed and so was this litter. I then had to explain to this man that this litter was also Tainted and not Pure Bred. I got more then 3/4 of my money back. I also notified AKC that the litter was tainted and then had my male neutered to help keep the breed up to AKC Standards. Some people will lie and some are ignorant. Good Luck and God Bless. CrittrKpr

It can happen having pure bred and cross breeds in the same litter if the bitch was caught by two dogs so he could be right but it wasnt good to lie about it 

• 6 months later...

HI guys i have a question about ears when they should stand up ? I have 4.5months siberian husky but bit mixed i think and her ears are most of the time floppy only like hour up daily. i saw couple videos when they tape their ears but wasnt sure does thaty hurt or smth. any help is welcome il try to post some pics

IMG_20191208_135200.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 7/4/2017 at 11:39 PM, NachoDog said:

I have a purebred akc male husky who is 7 years old, and a female ckc registered puppy. She is 12 weeks old and one of her ears isn't standing fully. What age did your huskies ears stand? I worry if its genetics. Or if she is even purebred. I drove to canada to get her. Hence why she is ckc, and not akc. I did see both parents, however i was unsure if the mother was purebred. Based on how she looked. Should i be concerned?

20170704_194659.jpg

20170704_194638.jpg

Hey! I adopted an adult dog and she looks EXACTLY like the white one in the picture, with the ear and everything. 2600768e-78bd-4e7e-bf38-b16f6f9fe131.thumb.JPG.df8dd9b0b2db9cd2980844d1bafefbef.JPG

19 hours ago, Pili said:

Hey! I adopted an adult dog and she looks EXACTLY like the white one in the picture, with the ear and everything. 2600768e-78bd-4e7e-bf38-b16f6f9fe131.thumb.JPG.df8dd9b0b2db9cd2980844d1bafefbef.JPG

Looks like lab is mixed in your girl? OP also looks to have a mixed husky judging by the face. Beautiful dogs regardless

Archived